_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
M8 greyhound interier in progress.
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,659 posts
Armorama: 1,512 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 07:02 AM UTC
Just got a Digital camra today and this is my first photo.

This is Tamiya's M8 Greyhound armored car .

I'm working on making the troop compartment have a worn and dirty used look

It was painted in white and olive drab. then coated with rustall rust wash and then a black wash over that to give it a dingy grimy off white look.

The I coated the floor where the driver and co-driver sit in a to scale mud and splattered a bit of mud in the rear area too.

I'm not much into pe or resin stuff yet but i'm adding details to the compartment such as clips for the rifles, canteens, water bags, ammo bags and other equipment.

so far how does it look to you all.

Delbert
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 07:53 AM UTC
Del---nice. Are you using the Verlinden set or are you scratch building? Where did you get the rust paint (manufacturer and stock number would help). Did you see the Perth Military Modeler site? They posted a superb M-8 with interior work that will provide you additional ideas. What type camera did you use?
Well done
DJ
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 08:00 AM UTC
Very good build so far. I like it. I don't know the interior of the Garyhound - does an M1 really go up in the front corner. I'd hate to have to get to that fast.

Are you going to 'treat' the engine compartment?

I think this'll go a long way to showing you don't Have to have PE or resin to make a good kit.

Keep up the good work.
herberta
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 939 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 08:01 AM UTC
Hi there.

Nice job. The wash doesn't show up well in the photo, I think. Have you put some wear on the hinges, handles etc? And have you thought of varying the shade of white on the boxes etc. on the hull wall?

The amount of wear on the inside will depend on how old the vehicle is, and you can use that as a guide for wear and tear on the outside surfaces too.

I like the dirt/mud smears a lot!

Cheers
Andy
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,659 posts
Armorama: 1,512 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 08:46 AM UTC
Hey Everyone

Thanks for the comments.

Here a a few answers to the questions posed.

DJ

I am scratch building.. and using parts from my spares box (which is kinda skimpy yet) and from equipement sets that I have.

The rust wash and black wash I used to dingy up the white was from the Rustall system,
which sometimes works well.

The Camera is a Toshiba PDR-2300 2.0 megapixal with 3x optical zoom.. the picture posted is like my 5th or 6th take, I expect as I learn the camera I will get better pictures.

Scott

Yes the M8 has rifles at the shown locations, I might have the angle a bit off.. there are also suppose to be clips above the rifle for flashlights which I have yet to build.

You can see more info at AFV Interiors

http://www.kithobbyist.com/AFVInteriors/m8/m8a.html

and no I'm leaving the engine comparment shut on this one.

Andy,

I have yet to work on the rear boxes.... that is next on my list. thanks for the suggestions.
esp varying the color of the white..

I plan to make a fairly newly arrived to france vehicle but one that has been in the fight long enough to develop a character. I.E. lots of extra equipment attached to the outside, the rear brush guards will have been discarded by the crew, maybe a few dings in the front guards. thinking about replaceing a mine rack with a scratchbuildt jerry can rack. ect...

now that I got a decent camera I'll prob post more..
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 10:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Very good build so far. I like it. I don't know the interior of the Garyhound - does an M1 really go up in the front corner. I'd hate to have to get to that fast.

Yes - it is a tight fit. The Rifles most often carried on the M8 and M20 were the smaller M1 Carbines - as you can see an M1 would be quite difficult to get at because of it's length, where the smaller M1 Carbine was better suited for confined spaces.

Gunnie
herberta
Visit this Community
Canada
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 10:29 AM UTC
Hi Gunnie

Nice work there. I have an Italeri M20 almost complete. My interior needs some more stuff obviously!
Is there coffee in that mug?!

Cheers
Andy
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 10:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Gunnie

Nice work there. I have an Italeri M20 almost complete. My interior needs some more stuff obviously!
Is there coffee in that mug?!

Cheers
Andy

Yep! - (made from 5-minute epoxy) I was going to put a little decal of the Armored Division Patch on the side of the Mug - but thought that was going over the edge...

Gunnie #:-)
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,561 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 11:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Yep! - (made from 5-minute epoxy) I was going to put a little decal of the Armored Division Patch on the side of the Mug - but thought that was going over the edge...

Gunnie #:-)

If you're going for an in-joke, why not place an ArmoramA decal on a coffee mug? :-) :-) :-)

YodaMan
herberta
Visit this Community
Canada
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 11:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I've used a little oil paint in a mug before to represent coffee or tea. I have enough trouble painting the AD patches on figures, I'm not about to do that with the mug!!

Nice work on the radio too!

Cheers
Andy
 _GOTOTOP