_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
LVT 4A Hatch
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2002 - 01:04 AM UTC
I am building the Italeri LVT 4A using the Verlinden AM set. Will post photos shortly. The question I pose is how best to remove the two forward atch covers. These are the hatched for the driver and his assistant. They are molded into the the forward top assembly. The Verlinden set includes the hatches and a center rim to place on the hull when the hatches are open. Getting the hatches out without creating a hole too large for the rim to fit is the trick . Any ideas?
thanks
DJ
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2002 - 04:36 AM UTC
Easiest way is to drill holes all the way around the hatch, far enough from the edge to leave enough plastic for the inner rim of the hatch. Next, connect all the holes by cutting between them with an exacto knife. Latsly, sand away the excess hatch left on the top of the hull and attach Verlinden hatches.
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2002 - 07:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Easiest way is to drill holes all the way around the hatch, far enough from the edge to leave enough plastic for the inner rim of the hatch. Next, connect all the holes by cutting between them with an exacto knife. Latsly, sand away the excess hatch left on the top of the hull and attach Verlinden hatches.

Gino--thanks. By the way, your T-34/85 project is superb. Very nice work.
DJ
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2002 - 08:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I had the same problem with the cowl vent on my GMC. The Eduard replacements were smaller than the original but I did not discover it until I had cut the hole. I did fix it with filler & plastic backing but I used the drilling holes method to do mine to.

Cliff (I'm still a driver) :-) (:-)
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2002 - 09:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I had the same problem with the cowl vent on my GMC. The Eduard replacements were smaller than the original but I did not discover it until I had cut the hole. I did fix it with filler & plastic backing but I used the drilling holes method to do mine to.

Cliff (I'm still a driver) :-) (:-)

Cliff--thanks. I start the massive project tonight and will let you know how it goes.
 _GOTOTOP