_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Challenger 2 replacement barrel?....
Joker
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 813 posts
Armorama: 522 posts
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2005 - 02:24 AM UTC
Hi,
just started working on the Trump Challenger 2 and was wondering if there is a replacemant barrel for the kit?, I tried a few of my suppliers but no joy. Anyone help?
Thanks in advance
Pete
Ross
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 213 posts
Armorama: 130 posts
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2005 - 02:38 AM UTC
The short answer is yes. However I'm not sure who makes it. I believe I saw a review on Terry Ashley's Site "Perth Military Modelling". You would have to go through the lists to find it.
Accurate Armour also do a barrel but it may only be available in one of their upgrade sets.

Ross
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 1,966 posts
Armorama: 1,635 posts
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2005 - 03:43 AM UTC
The company is Lionmarc. Unfortunately the barrel isn't very good, check out this link for a review:

http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/reviews/vehicles/lionmarc/aw20000.htm

I have heard they would be correcting the barrel but that was a few months back and I haven't heard any news about it. Accurate Armour does offer a replacement barrel that is included in a couple of their C2 update sets, it is a two piece resin offering that is nicely done. (I have a couple) If you contact them they are normally very good about selling them individually.

HTH,
Mike
DODGE01RT
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 545 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2005 - 05:54 AM UTC
Peter

You can get ahold of Accurate Armour about getting one out of their kits.They will sell parts from their kits.How much,I don't know but they are really nice barrels.

Jim
Joker
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 813 posts
Armorama: 522 posts
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2005 - 06:14 AM UTC
Thanks for the info.
C_JACQUEMONT
Visit this Community
Loire-Atlantique, France
KitMaker: 2,433 posts
Armorama: 2,325 posts
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2005 - 06:05 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The company is Lionmarc. Unfortunately the barrel isn't very good, check out this link for a review:

http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/reviews/vehicles/lionmarc/aw20000.htm

I have heard they would be correcting the barrel but that was a few months back and I haven't heard any news about it. Accurate Armour does offer a replacement barrel that is included in a couple of their C2 update sets, it is a two piece resin offering that is nicely done. (I have a couple) If you contact them they are normally very good about selling them individually.

HTH,
Mike

They have been selling a corrected version for some time, if you order now you'll get the corrected version.

Cheers,
Christophe
 _GOTOTOP