Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 03:04 PM UTC
thats unbeleivable work cant wait for the finished article
roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
KitMaker: 2,406 posts
Armorama: 2,224 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 06:43 PM UTC
Congratulations on this beautiful pieces.
Is this just for fun, or do you intend to incorporate this beauties in a dio?

Cheers
Hwa-Rang
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Armorama: 1,339 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 07:07 PM UTC
Awesome work Paul. The brass work on the bed is simply amazing. The rugs look amazing as well.
BigJon
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 757 posts
Armorama: 609 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 08:20 PM UTC
I think the dust ruffle is showing you just how good that piece would look with some custom printed bed linen mate.....you know it makes sense...heavy victorian style flowered throw for the bed

The whole thing is coming together so well.

Congratulations mate, you really have excelled yourself.
BigJon
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 757 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 08:20 PM UTC
I think the dust ruffle is showing you just how good that piece would look with some custom printed bed linen mate.....you know it makes sense...heavy victorian style flowered throw for the bed

The whole thing is coming together so well.

Congratulations mate, you really have excelled yourself.
nato308
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 884 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 11:12 PM UTC
Thanks again everyone!

Minuteman -The fringe on the rugs is NOT a seperate piece, it was done by unraveling the weave of the fabric with a needle.

All of them are done in 1/35th scale.

All of these individual builds are going in to my Carentan project, all my posts on furniture and the like are being made to go into that diorama.

Kieth - The enitre bed was assemble using contact cylo glue. All the joints were pinned with brass pins inserted into the major joints of the tubes. Soldering I didn't think was an option, I didn't want to risk the clean up of the heat marks that would be left by soldering vs the fragile state of the bed. The cylo glue will also help prevent the brass from oxidation and going to the dark color brass will turn in the years to come.

Jon - I'm already one step ahead with the comforter, I am looking for the just the right style of bedding to give it that extra touch. I am currently expirementing with the iron on transfer stuff to get what I want. However in the mean time if you see a pattern I can use give me a shout, thats the hardest part!

The bed skirt is not finished yet, nor do I have feet on the bed itself yet. The bed skirt is stiff, and I want to make it look pleated (or at least make it look like it flows better). I left plenty of material to do so when I go to dye the kleenex. Any suggestions are welcome, I thought I would try to work some folds into it with a needle when I start to color it. What do you all think?

Eventually, there will be article/s (toutorials) produced for those of you that are interested in making some of your own stuff. Again thanks a lot to all of you for the feed back, suggestions and kind words, it nice knowing that you appreciate the extremes I have chosen to take this diorama.

wampum
Visit this Community
Tekirdag, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Armorama: 661 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 11:29 PM UTC
This is an amazing piece Paul.. Congrats
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2005 - 03:16 AM UTC
Paul, the rugs are looking as fantastic as the bed now. I see more color in them than the ones you showed me. Did you use different rugs for the pattern? But anyway they look great. Keep posting progress, its good to see you hard at it again. Looking forward to seeing these bad boys in person over a glass of 12 year old scotch with you Cheers Kevin
 _GOTOTOP