_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Campaigns
Group builds and online competetions. Join the fun!
Hosted by Darren Baker
more on the snow diorama
modelci2000
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 727 posts
Armorama: 194 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 07:48 AM UTC

I WANT TO KNOW WHO WILL BE FIRST TO FINDOUT MY BIGGEST MISTAKES OF THIS DIORAMA ?
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 2,709 posts
Armorama: 1,818 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 08:08 AM UTC
Wow thats very nice! The use of what appears to be natural light gives it that more of a realistic feel to it. What did you end up using for snow?

This isnt really a mistake but i know most tank crews wont leave the tank hatches open, especially if they are caught in a blizzard.

Great job!
modelci2000
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 08:22 AM UTC
Maybe its a mistake but not The biggest Jeremy
I used christmas snow spray for making snow . Did you see 5 years old model makers page ? If you write something he really be happy . The url is :

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/64244&page=1
TsunamiBomb
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,447 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 08:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

This isnt really a mistake but i know most tank crews wont leave the tank hatches open, especially if they are caught in a blizzard.

Great job!

Well I dont know if you noticed, but the tank is abandonned. You can see the damage to to front of the tank. The tankers left the hatches open while they fled out. Just another hint to that is that it is an american tank and the figures german.
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,289 posts
Armorama: 1,231 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 09:11 AM UTC
Darn good snow model you made there.
Are there not supposed to be windows in a Kübelwagen ?
I'd certainly roll those up in such cold. And close the door, too. Do the horses leave tracks in the snow ? Can't really tell. The KW didn't leave tracks, though the door is open, so it probably just arrived.
Nah, just nagging here. This dio is a very good job.

I'm wondering about one thing in snow dio's, though.
In real life, there's a lot of dirty snow at the lower part of a car. Specially at wheels. Snow dioramas always look as if snow is a dry thing. In reality, when only a litttle snow has fallen like in this dio, things tend to look wet if temps are above freezing point, or frozen (ice) when temps are below.

Making a good snow dio is a very difficult thing to do. The good thing is : you start to learn every time you try it. Each next snow dio is better than the one before.

Uncle Jan

modelci2000
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2005 - 03:37 AM UTC
Thanks Harrison and Jan . I think my the bigest mistake is The snow could not be under the tank and kubel . Thanks alot to comments
Angela
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
KitMaker: 853 posts
Armorama: 514 posts
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2005 - 04:21 AM UTC
It is very nice. I like the cold feel to it. I also like the nice touches like the mule and the poster.

A few things:

1) I live in a tropical country, so I wouldn't know much about snow. However, personally, I would scrape off a little of the snow at the side of the tank and electrical post. It's a little bit too much for me.

2) There is someting wrong with the Sherman's broken track. It seems to be "flying." Tracks are quite heavy and they should drop.

3) Personally, I would add a few ruined furniture, such as chairs or a table in the building.

Other than that, I think this is a great dio.

Angela
Parks20
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 737 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2005 - 05:29 AM UTC
All in all, you have a very nice dio. The snow looks good, however, I don't see any footprints! Thanks for sharing.
Hohenstaufen
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,192 posts
Armorama: 1,615 posts
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2005 - 06:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks Harrison and Jan . I think my the bigest mistake is The snow could not be under the tank and kubel . Thanks alot to comments

Well, I don't know about this. Depends how long they've been there. It could have been blown & drifted underneath, or it could already have snowed before either arrived, on the basis that there are no tracks in the snow, they could both have been there some time. The biggest mistake in my view is that HUGE cross on the Kubel. Also I think I see US codes on the Sherman, which would put it in the Ardennes I suppose, but "Orel" on the signpost so someone is pretty lost! Or is it those nasty Nazis of Skorzeny's changing the signposts!? :-) :-) :-)
modelci2000
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2005 - 10:15 AM UTC
Thanks Angela , Brian and Steve

Angela Snow can be 4 meter long from ground (I saw that when I visited Eastern region of my country and snow at the side of the tank and electrical post can be like this ( when snow freezing) . You are right to broken track and furniture Brian foot prints are there Steve you are absolietly right Skorzeny's commandos wisited there :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
 _GOTOTOP