Armor MOM Tips
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 01, 2005 - 10:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Er......who said it wasn't a competition? It IS to encourage modellers to finish. It is ALSO fun! I think you made some very valid points about photographing models. I also don't see what's wrong with discussing that aspect of the competition, since it is relebvant to the original question of what makes us vote for a particular model.

Vinnie

Ok Vinnie, sounds good. It is a competition to help people finish building models.

Now, is it a problem to post how I (or how others) voted and why? I do not want to cause any undo waves over this...I can just as easily wait until I enter my own piece and then start a seperate thread to diuscuss my entry if need be. Like I mentioned before, I like to use any competition to get constructive feedback on my work, and to offer help to others. I DO NOT want to step on anyone's toes or to make them feel like they are not good enough to enter into the MoM because of any comment I make.

Now, back to the workbench.
Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,924 posts
Armorama: 3,679 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 01, 2005 - 10:06 AM UTC
Jaques, I refer the honourable Gentleman to the answer I gave previously. Or, in other words....I've already answered your question.

Vinnie
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 01, 2005 - 01:30 PM UTC
Jacques, we have two excellent forums for posting in for constructive feedback, during the construction of your pieces, and when they are finished. It's amazing how easy it is for our own eyes to overlook something, yet 20 to 100 others will spot it, and give you a chance to correct it before the contest tables. A lot of us only post there, and maybe in the final "Campaign" thread, or MOM gallery.
One is the Rivet Review Board or better known as RRB.
The other is Critics Corner, better known as surprisingly enough -- Critics Corner.
If you post your work there, I'm sure you will receive plenty of feed back, and have plenty of time to improve the piece before the contest, show or what ever you wish to call it.
Although you may personally desire this feedback, other members may not.
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 01, 2005 - 04:17 PM UTC
ok, good enough guys, I will admit I stepped out of line on this. I do not have a problem just looking at and voting for the MoM stuff. Adn I will do it with a SMILE...!

The critics corner and rivet review are not really what I am looking for, but thanks for the reminder. Most likely I am just dysfunctional in this regard.
 _GOTOTOP