_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Why was the "Callsign origins" thread locked?
spooky6
Visit this Community
Sri Lanka
KitMaker: 2,174 posts
Armorama: 582 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 - 03:48 PM UTC
I know people were using this thread to once again talk about their callsigns, but why lock it? That was a great Sherman posted and I had a question to ask Clanky44.
Tiger101
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 902 posts
Armorama: 628 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 - 04:17 PM UTC
I would guess it was do to the fact that it was in the wrong forum first off. Secondly there is a post running in the junk draw that is 13 or 14 pages long on the same topic.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 - 04:21 PM UTC
David,
You are not exactly optionless when it comes to contacting Clanky. You can PM him or actually post in that thread (it was not locked when I looked at it). There was a brief time when it was locked because the moderators were deciding where it belonged. I agree that it's a nice post of his Sherman and people could have easily posted *about* the Sherman. But if people are going to post about their callsigns and that is a non-modeling subject, it will get moved to the Junk Drawer.

Clanky is welcome to repost the photos in the Armor forum if he wants feedback or simply to show them.

Thanks,
Jim
spooky6
Visit this Community
Sri Lanka
KitMaker: 2,174 posts
Armorama: 582 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 - 05:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

David,
You are not exactly optionless when it comes to contacting Clanky. You can PM him or actually post in that thread (it was not locked when I looked at it).

I know, Jim, I did PM him. The thread was still in Armour and locked an hour or two ago when I posted this. I see now that's in the Junk Drawer, thanks. I just meant that it's nicer to ask questions and have them answered in a forum where it'll be shared rather than in a PM.

Besides, I don't think Clanky44 was interested in discussing callsigns, just in showing us his Clanky. Guess his thread was hijacked. Pity, since it is about armour after all, not callsigns.

There was an earlier thread which started off in Armour and was then IMHO wrongly relegated to Games even though it had been posted by someone asking for help ID'ing an AFV which appeared in a PC game. The post was about an AFV (a real one), not a game.
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 - 10:29 PM UTC
David, I respectfully disagree with you on Clanky44's post. While yes he did post a nice pic of his model, his chosen title for this post was/is "Call sign origins...". Also, written in his first opening line "and I'd thought I'd show where I got my Clanky44 callsign from." There was nothing else in his post to indicate that he was looking for any comments on his model.
That is enough to get people to respond with: I got my name from...
Jenny
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 119 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 - 11:22 PM UTC
Sorry guys,
I didn't know I wasn't supposed to post there , I am still only new here .
I deleted it now.
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,901 posts
Armorama: 553 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 01, 2005 - 01:16 AM UTC
Ken, Jim,

My apologies,..... I'll be a bit more vigilant on where I post my thread in the future.....

thanks....

Frank
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 01, 2005 - 01:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ken, Jim,

My apologies,..... I'll be a bit more vigilant on where I post my thread in the future.....

thanks....

Frank

No need to apologize, posting photos of your model is what the site is all about. No harm, no foul.
 _GOTOTOP