Hosted by Darren Baker
Campaign Ribbons?
merkava8
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 501 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 30, 2002 - 04:50 PM UTC
What's up with campaign ribbions? From what I got of it it's a modeling contest. Can we get one going in the ARMOUR forum?
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 02:23 AM UTC
There are a few armor campaigns ongoing. I believe a HMMWV build, Sherman build, maybe some others.
ladymodelbuilder
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,218 posts
Armorama: 401 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 11:27 AM UTC
Hey Rob,
Do you think that the ones of us who are gonna do the Aircraft builds, can get some type of ribbon?
Sabot
Posted: Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 01:05 PM UTC
I don't know. Not my call. I don't even know if the armor campaigns are getting one. Since he asked about armour, I just listed a couple of the armor group builds off the top of my head.
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 07:14 PM UTC
Got an Famo build as well, and also a student build that you can do both of the desert campaign, Desert Storm or North Africa. But I think you need to have a contest to actually warrant this ribbon thingy. I don't know if group build qualifies or not....
ARENGCA
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 382 posts
Armorama: 267 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 07:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

What's up with campaign ribbions? From what I got of it it's a modeling contest. Can we get one going in the ARMOUR forum?

Are you talking about the ribbons with the M on them? Those are for the diferent forum moderators. The medal is for past "user of the month" awardees.
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2002 - 12:46 AM UTC
Check out Jim's reply on any forum, so you will know what we are talking about. It's a ribbon give out to any contest participant, I think.
merkava8
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2002 - 06:50 AM UTC
Well if it is for only contests, are we able to get one going for Armour? Not nessasraliy for prizes, just more for showboating our models and bragging rights.

We'd have to agree on rules and such...

Jim?
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,289 posts
Armorama: 1,231 posts
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2002 - 07:30 AM UTC
Until now, two campaigns (contests) are scheduled :
- Diorama Contest ends 10 January
- Sci-fi campaign begins 11 January and ends 28 February.

It would be great if a few high-ranking members of the Armour community could organize a GREAT ARMOUR CAMPAIGN after that ?
By that time we'll have the experience of two smaller campaigns and we'll be ready to start something BIG !
I'd suggest to not do more than one campaign at the same time, though. The one would probably suffocate (if not kill) the other, and that would be a pity for all the people who joined in.
The "Campaign" idea is to give participants a ribbon, so they have a reward just by participating. Winners get a medal. Until now, there's no definition how long the ribbons stay, or how long the medals stay. But the ribbon/medal idea certainly apeals to many.
The biggest advantage of this system is that you don't get big prizes, so this is all about participating and discussing eachother's work, and not about being the best. After all, we're here to have fun and learn from eachother.

I'd really LOVE to see a big armour campaign launch in the near future. Why not start thinking of it, preparing the campaign guidelines, maybe a prize, dates, categories, etc... ?!

I already see the banners : BIG ARMORAMA ARMOUR SPRING CAMPAIGN ! With a little luck, we'll mobilize more hardware than the whole Desert Storm war combined !

GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2002 - 08:22 AM UTC
I agree with Jan's post above. I'd like to see an Armor Campaign - even sponsor one - but there's too many going on right now. It's too distracting...

I'd rather wait until the current events wrap-up. A Spring Campaign sounds grand...

Gunnie
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2002 - 08:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I agree with Jan's post above. I'd like to see an Armor Campaign - even sponsor one - but there's too many going on right now. It's too distracting...

I'd rather wait until the current events wrap-up. A Spring Campaign sounds grand...

Gunnie

Gunnie--can you retransmit your earlier words on using the 500 series GS for texturing a tank turret. I think I am set, but can not find your posting on the item in question.
thanks
DJ
Sabot
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2002 - 12:12 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Gunnie

Gunnie, we can call it Operation Barbarossa and start it on the summer solstice. Must be a WW2 German or Russian ground vehicle used during this campaign. The reason I say ground vehicle is so Kubelwagens, horse drawn vehicles, etc. can also be done.

What'ya think?
Folgore
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 1,109 posts
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2002 - 12:16 PM UTC
A Barbarossa one would actually get me interested, too. I have a Russian T-35 sitting around, plus I just ordered a Pz 35(t) with my UoM gift certificate.

Nic
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2002 - 12:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Gunnie

Gunnie, we can call it Operation Barbarossa and start it on the summer solstice. Must be a WW2 German or Russian ground vehicle used during this campaign. The reason I say ground vehicle is so Kubelwagens, horse drawn vehicles, etc. can also be done.

What'ya think?

Gunnie likes - gives me an excuse to model something German or Russian for a change!

Gunnie
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2002 - 03:33 PM UTC
Or, we can call it Spring Awaking, and makes all the Russian and German tanks in that campaign.
BroAbrams
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,546 posts
Armorama: 1,081 posts
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2002 - 04:07 PM UTC
I'm in. I have needed an excuse to do something German after all this green stuff I have been doing. I will have to do some research and find an appropriate subject.

Rob
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2002 - 04:22 PM UTC
Hmmm...sounds really cool!

Does this mean that I would have to purchase something other than an Allied AFV? Does anyone know if any lend lease vehicles were used in either of these operations? I'd love to build a Russian M4A2.
JimF
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 717 posts
Armorama: 621 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 06:21 AM UTC
Kencelot--

Quoted Text

does this mean that I would have to purchase something other than an Allied AFV? Does anyone know if any lend lease vehicles were used in either of these operations? I'd love to build a Russian M4A2.

I've seen postings about the Russians using lend-lease M-4's in their Manchurian campaign at the end of the war, don't know any specific times that they faced the Germans with same, but itr shouldn't be hard to find with a little research...

The spring or summer is abetter time for tanks on the steppes than now... count me in!

Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 06:50 AM UTC
Thanks JimF. I was hoping one was used during Barbarossa.

How about an M3 being used there?
merkava8
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 02:41 PM UTC
Is there a definate start date for this?
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 02:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Is there a definate start date for this?

No, not yet. We're still in the talking/planning stage. Sometime in the Spring of 2003 would be a good time for launching this - after all the current project ideas come to a close...

Gunnie
sgtsauer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 2,605 posts
Armorama: 1,814 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 05:58 PM UTC
I would be in for a "Barbarossa" build. I recently purchased the DML Stug III Ausf A "Michael Wittman" Operation Barbarossa 1941 kit. This will be my opportunity to start it!! :-)
BroAbrams
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,546 posts
Armorama: 1,081 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 06:33 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I recently purchased the DML Stug III Ausf A "Michael Wittman" Operation Barbarossa 1941 kit. This will be my opportunity to start it!! :-)

Very funny Brent :-) lol

Rob
 _GOTOTOP