_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Haunted Tank of GI Combat Comics
War_Machine
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 702 posts
Armorama: 385 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 03:38 AM UTC
I agree with you completely, Zod. Johann's Tiger was the best story in either of the minis. I also liked the "D-Day Dodgers" story about the Brits in Italy.
I also just found out that there's a new Nick Fury WW2 story coming out next week. The story takes place in Tunisia before he joined up the the Howling Commandos. It looks promising.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 04:23 AM UTC

You guys are killin' me with all this nostalgic talk ...Sgt. Rock has always been one of my hero's {even though he's Army }.
Hence , my choice of avatar....

I also liked Capt. Cloud and his P-51, not to mention Sgt. Fury and his you-know-what Commando's
I think the idea of a comic book-based GB is a dandy one. Not only do comic book subjects cover tanks, aircraft, etc., but they also cover quite a spectrum of engagements historically {I don't think I have to explain to this crowd }. It would be great to see what a Campaign of this sort would create......the mind boogles!

Tread.

BTW......thx for generating all the internal 'excitement'.....now I'm going to have to start looking around for some 'NM' issues of GI Combat!........sheeeeesh!
muttley
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 251 posts
Armorama: 202 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 09:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

BTW......thx for generating all the internal 'excitement'.....now I'm going to have to start looking around for some 'NM' issues of GI Combat!........sheeeeesh!

Well Gordon, when you do dig in to your comic stacks can you please look out for that issue Im talking about that has the hybrid Haunted Tank specs, according to rebelsoldier in the first page of this thread its somewhere from issues #150-160, and I do believe it was #158 titled "What Price War", though I could be wrong. That goes for any other dinosaur here who may have that issue, any help is appreciated cause Im pretty sure Im not the only one whos interested in building the model

_GOTOTOP