_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
A-Guard Memberships
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 11:04 AM UTC
Would anyone that has signed up for an A-Guard membership recently and NOT gotten access to the A-Guard forum please contact me with details about their signup. I saw some posts a few weeks back that seemed to indicate 1 or more of you out there.

Also...

The A-Guard memberships will likely be changing over to a bi-monthly subscription rather than a yearly one. I may still make a yearly option available for the gold that will include a shirt.

If you believe you membership has expired and you need to renew please check your paypal account for a date when you last paid. I will be doing a complete update on all accounts as this new system comes online later in the week.

Thanks,
Jim
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 12:27 PM UTC
Jim, Although I see a point to be had by making A- guard membership a bi monthly subscription, please dont change the silver from totally removing the yearly subscription option. After talking to a few fellow A-guard members we felt it would be a hassle and confusing to remember when dues should be paid. So please keep the yearly subscription option open and add the bi monthly option as well. I think the yearly option would still be the better option from your standpoint. If you had to send out reminders on peoples subscriptions coming due it would be easier by far to do it once a year than 6 times a year especially when considering how many members of A-guard there is. Just my thoughts. Cheers Kevin
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 2,709 posts
Armorama: 1,818 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 01:40 PM UTC
Got to agree with Kevin there. Im thinking of signing up as well and would much rather go for the annual subscription than a bi monthly one as it may also end up incurring more transaction costs. I agree the option of bi-monthly should be given but it should be in conjunction with the silver annual.

Just my 0.02.
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,901 posts
Armorama: 553 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 06:51 PM UTC
Jim, please stay with the yearly option!,...... I have the retentive memory span of a house fly!

thanks,
Frank
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 09:02 PM UTC
Guys,
FYI the object is to get the system into a automated process for doing the A-Guard. To be very honest it's a lot of time for me right now that I could spend on making the site better. Not that I don't appriciate the money and support it's just that manually moving people in and out of groups and trying to keep up with who is current and not is too big a job for me alone.

So the bi-monthly subscriptions with PayPal work this way... If you signup you enter into a recurring subcription fee. At any time you can cancel the subscription but by cancelling your account will revert to normal user status. I will likely still offer a yearly rate if it's needed though.

Thanks,
Jim
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 1,430 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 09:47 PM UTC
Sounds resonable to me. Just a question..will the subscription rates change as well with this new implamentation? Just curious.

On a positive note..maybe this new payment system will allow more members to up for Gold Status as the payment will be spread out and not due all at once..just a thought..

Mary
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 09:49 PM UTC
I would still prefer paying once a year, that's at the present time. But who knows what the future holds, and if disability and fixed income happens, then in all likelihood, I would find it difficult to pay the lump sum, and the monthly or bi-monthly appears the better option.
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
Armorama: 2,956 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 09:52 PM UTC
Hmmm i may see an Upgrade coming come renewal time.... that Gold "lump" is hard to swallow :-) :-) :-)
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Armorama: 4,258 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 11:23 PM UTC
A (bi)monthly subscription to spread out the cost of a Gold-Guard account.... sounds to good to me. Might just have to sign up... Just need to find an excuse to explain it to SWMBO... :-) :-)

Cheers
Henk

p.s. Maybe if enough of use sign up to Gold-Guard we can purchase extra bandwidth...

kbm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 678 posts
Armorama: 448 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 11:34 PM UTC
Jim,
I would also like to see the annual payment option preserved as i try to limit PayPal transactions to the absolute minimum.

Keith
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,218 posts
Armorama: 1,050 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 11:41 PM UTC
Yearly definitely.

I pay in GBP not USD and there is an exchange rate.
Diablo
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,699 posts
Armorama: 433 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 11:58 PM UTC
Well,i was thinking about a subscription.for the silver one,but dont want/cant use paypal.just once a year from my bank to your bank is the only option for me Jim.so if you can please let it stay, the one year payment as it is

greetings jeroen,.
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,870 posts
Armorama: 1,458 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 12:54 AM UTC
Well,I'm going to chime in a plea for annual payment for Silver option also.I don't use paypal and last payed by check.In fact, I'm pretty sure I'm due again and will fire one off tomorrow I do think it's a good idea to have pay plan options to those that can benefit from it.
cheers!
Blade26
Visit this Community
Kozani, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 364 posts
Armorama: 95 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 02:49 AM UTC
I would also vote for the annual fee!
i don't like paying with paypal and once a year payment with a credit card directly would be superb!!
leave the annual option open please!!!
I want to sign in AGuard also using the annual!
Cheers!
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 04:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Not that I don't appriciate the money and support it's just that manually moving people in and out of groups and trying to keep up with who is current and not is too big a job for me alone.

Am happy to help out in this areas if you are willing to delegate this task onto someone else Jim.

Just one thing to note though, a bi-monthly subscription would incur most cost for us international members as the exchange rate and transaction cost would hit us everytime. Just something to think about i guess. You may find a good deal of members still going with the annual fee system.
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,870 posts
Armorama: 1,458 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 06:53 AM UTC
Well there you go,Jim I nominate Jeremy(Jazza) as membership/treasury secretary for Armorama A-Guard.
I have noted Jazza's repeated volounteering for participation on the site and he has mentioned,on a few occasions, a higher than average degree of computer skill level.
Besides,the Kiwi flag is kinda cool :-)
And,this would free you up to sew more Armorama shirts together :-) :-) :-)
cheers!
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 12:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I have noted Jazza's repeated volounteering for participation on the site and he has mentioned,on a few occasions, a higher than average degree of computer skill level.

:-) yeah i think i better stop volunteering cause i believe its starting to annoy him. :-)

but yeah am probably going to sign up this A guard subscription some time soon. Contributing to something you love is certainly money well spent as im sure all current A guard members would agree on.
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
Armorama: 510 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 02:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

If you believe you membership has expired and you need to renew please check your paypal account for a date when you last paid. I will be doing a complete update on all accounts as this new system comes online later in the week.

Thanks,
Jim

Hi Jim (Boss),
My Silver A guard membership expired on the 18 Jan, but i have checked my Pay pal account and nothing has come out, so do i have to re-send the money or do you just take it out .
Andy (I'm confused) (++)
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 03:08 AM UTC
Andy,
I will plug in your callsign when I get home to see what is up. Sometimes credit cards expire, etc. So paypal ends up sending a cancellation notice earlier in the year. But yes they are suppose to be able to charge you for the next year automatically.

Cheers,
Jim
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
Armorama: 510 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 03:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Andy,
I will plug in your callsign when I get home to see what is up. Sometimes credit cards expire, etc. So paypal ends up sending a cancellation notice earlier in the year. But yes they are suppose to be able to charge you for the next year automatically.

Cheers,
Jim

Thanks Jim, can you let me know as i really don't want to lose my membership privileges.
Thanks, Andy (++)
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,218 posts
Armorama: 1,050 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 04:00 AM UTC
So, when do I get my natty little badge?
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 06:23 AM UTC
Murdo,
You get my vote for "Most Patient" A-Guard member!

I looked and sure enough there it was on January 3rd staring me in the face. Must have been all the excitement around the holidays that messed me up.

Thanks!
Jim
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
Armorama: 1,864 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 08:44 AM UTC
Jim, I back up for a Silver. As a college student, I can say I like the yearly, as there are a couple of times a year that I don't have the money to pay monthly. But sacrifices must be made I'm in...again

Maybe Gold next year
Jeff
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
Armorama: 1,370 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 12:36 PM UTC
Jim,
I just renewed my membership recently, two months ago. Will that subscription stay active or will it go void and fall under the new bi-monthly subscription.

Joe
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,770 posts
Armorama: 2,263 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 09:50 AM UTC
Jim,

For what it's worth, I am VERY interested in the Silver membership (for now). I would PREFER the annual as it is easier for me to maintain/control.....one payment and I'm done. If it goes bi-monthly, I still want to do it....just a tad more hassle.

And, again for what it's worth, I would be MORE than happy (once I'm a member) to help Jazza with the "tracking." I'm pretty damn good with databases (just can't get my 'puter to show banners )

LMK............

Mike (++) (++)
 _GOTOTOP