Commercial wallpaintings??
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Monday, December 09, 2002 - 10:15 AM UTC
Hello all

Just after the finished contest diorama I decided to get going on to another greater project.
The project was (as probably most of you will know) making the Church of St. Mere Eglise with paratrooper in it (During D-day)
And I really feel sorry for all the people that send me pictures of the church in question and for all the time they took for me. but there still is hope there will be a St. Mere Eglise dio
but that have to wait for a (still) unknown time

Well the actual story is that the foam I am using beated me and made me do a retreat.
I use blocks of this foam about ten CM thick and a little bit to long for a saw so I first screw about 3 cm of foam before I have one 1cm plate of foam for my churchwall and I need four of them. I`m making the story to long again he?? Ok well to make it short.While I`m looking for a more efficient way to cut the foam I`m starting on a new project for a temporarily replacement.
I want to do some kind of French Streetscene and I need some info about the commercial wallpaintings you see there so often (or saw so often) I have looked on the internet and probably once again I have looked with my @ss because this idiot can`t find those things.
So here comes the part that I start begging to all of you
I want a big Commercial Fresco featuring in my "replacements dio but I actually don`t have very much info about that Any body who can help me on information about The commercial wallpaintings/fresco`s of western Europe or even Eastern front just to give me an idea
every help is welcome

I`m looking forward to your response

GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,289 posts
Armorama: 1,231 posts
Posted: Monday, December 09, 2002 - 11:05 AM UTC
Try Roadkill's site ! His banner is under any of his posts. He had some problems with the site today, but I think they are fixed now. He's got quite a few of those commercial signs.
Good luck !
Jan
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,586 posts
Armorama: 1,225 posts
Posted: Monday, December 09, 2002 - 06:35 PM UTC
Are you needing "commercial signs" for products, or "artwork for sale"? I took a recent mail order catalog that had a lot of lithograph artwork from "the masters" and scanned it, scaled it down, and resized it for 1:35.... these are highly recognizable pieces (Monet, Rembrandt, etc.)... would this do? Be glad to email them to you.

If on the otherhand you are looking for ads, I have about 250 commercial signs I recently found on a website... Russian, French, Polish, Dutch, English - you name it!

Let me know....
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 02:24 AM UTC
Thanks for the feedback already guys

Well Keith this was what I actually meant Maybe I have written it down a little stupid
This is the type of commercial wallpainting that I`m looking for. It`s some kind of Fresco

And Jan thanks for pointing me to Roadkills reference

Golikell
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,757 posts
Armorama: 914 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 03:32 AM UTC
FYI,
These signs where seen frequently in France, Belgium and Southern Netherlands. Ususally they consisted of advertisements for Soap, Tires of Fuel. On garages, the particular car Brand marketed by the garage was shown.

PS Kf, I would love to have those advertisements! How to obtain these?
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 03:46 AM UTC
Yoh Golikell

Keith, let me have the honour to pass the link through
This is the link Erwin
http://www.internationalposter.com/home.cfm
This really is a great resource for commercial posters you only have to scale them down and print them

Golikell
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 08:16 PM UTC
Does any of you have any WW2 vintage Reichsbahn Posters? Though I won't be modelling for some time (the tempereature in my hobbyroom was about 10.5 degrees celcius last night) I want these for my railway station.
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 2,832 posts
Armorama: 1,500 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 02:55 PM UTC
verlinden have made a few comercial wall posteres and signs, check out the site, it might help, cheers
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,586 posts
Armorama: 1,225 posts
Posted: Friday, December 13, 2002 - 12:17 PM UTC
Golikell... the link that Faust has posted above should have some Reichsbahn images as well.... go check this out... there are HUNDREDS of images there for you!
Ralf
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 170 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, December 16, 2002 - 11:05 AM UTC
Golikell,
there is an excellent site about the Reichsbahn (since my contest-shadowbox-dio I´m becoming an expert):
http://www.fh-merseburg.de/~nosske/EpocheII/Bahn/index.html
Though in german language, You´ll easily find the posters If You follow the links. Happy research!
Golikell
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 02:13 AM UTC
Hi,
I've been browsing this site, but (although my German is not bad), I cannot find the Propaganda Posters (like "Rader mußen rollen fur den Sieg", etc)
The broshures are interesting, but not what I'm looking for.
HELP!
MonroePerdu
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 115 posts
Armorama: 58 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 01:22 PM UTC
Hello Faust,
I'm glad you found my image and thought it a good example, I would appreciate credit for where you came across the article. I am always happy to answer questions about technique or reference and I assure you, the owner of the other site would be happy to know the article had some value. As for reference, there are excellent examples on the following site: http://www.elve.net/padv/home.htm
I am not affiliated with the site but I am appreciative that someone is doing such hard work to document these images.
The better source for some clear graphics are what's commonly called "luggage labels", or "hotel labels". These images are available on the net and I would recommend not copying the image exactly and to do some creative editing.
Regards,
Michael Bishop
www.monroeperdu.com
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 2,748 posts
Armorama: 1,797 posts
Posted: Friday, January 03, 2003 - 05:14 AM UTC
Michael:

Thanks for the excellent site reference. Now to choose ...

I'd also like to mention that Monroe Perdu make some excellent products. I hope the line keeps expanding.
 _GOTOTOP