_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
T-55
MichalBT
Visit this Community
Województwo Kieleckie, Poland
KitMaker: 326 posts
Armorama: 275 posts
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2006 - 12:08 AM UTC
Jacques,

I think I will be able to solve problem of few air bubbles I will contact you off- line to learn more about condtions of purchase them.

BTW: is T62M2005 a model from Morozov factory?

Regards,

Michal

Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2006 - 09:41 PM UTC
The T-62 M2005 is a T-62 with the Kontakt-5 ERA and a few other additions/details. I am not sure what will be in the conversion kit as I have not gotten anything from Sergej yet, looks like i will get it in about 3 weeks or so. As for from Morozov, well, the picture looks like one that Sergej is using as reference...

Well Gary, now that we know for sure, very nice build indeed. The amount of work you did to get that accurate look is amazing. I gotta learn to overcome my fear of scratchbuilding sometime soon...and find more time to build!

I am not happy with the way the Tamiya T-62 builds up as I used those Tamiya T-55 wheels to help with the accuracy/detail and while they are much nicer, they also look too undersized on the oversized chassis. Sigh.

I can only hope that Tamiya will decide to surprise us all with a new-mold T-62 sometime soon.

houborg
Visit this Community
Sonderjylland, Denmark
KitMaker: 180 posts
Armorama: 107 posts
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2006 - 10:18 PM UTC
Hi guys,

Maybe we have a subject here for it's own thread. I just wanted your comment on my T-55 but what a russian bonus I got on top of that. Thanks for sharing your comments

Teacher put of the rest of the pictures of the T-55 in the Display area if someone is interested.

Houborg
spongya
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 2,365 posts
Armorama: 1,709 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 17, 2006 - 11:16 PM UTC
Hi,
I guess, this is the place to ask: I'd love to build the T-55 with the CMK interior. I read somewhere that the Tamiya kit is the best, and the Trumpeter was trashed in a review. What do you think, which is the better? Would the CMK fit into the Trumpeter? (It's cheaper...)

Also, I'd like to build a T-62 with the Verlinden interior. (In into this interior-business lately. More interesting than just building a big green box.) Does anyone have any experience with the Verlinden stuff? I know the T-62 is inaccurate, but apart from the wheels I won't be able to correct it, as the resin turrer could not accomodate the interior details.
Thanks.
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Friday, August 18, 2006 - 12:17 AM UTC
To be totally honest, considering the Tamiya T-62 kit has problems to begin with, if you are not too picky, the verlinden set will be ok. If you do a lot of research on the T-62 and know it well, it might bug you, but the Tamiya kit will probably do the same anyhow...

However, there is no rule saying all of us nut/bolt guys have the LOOK/FEEL of building the kit correct...only the technical aspects of it. If you think it would be fun to build the Tamiya kit with the Verlinden interior rather than scratchbuild/update, then that is teh correct answer for you and I say go for it, have fun!

As for Verlinden, the instructions will be not as good as you might want for a conversion of this type. The pieces should be looked over to make sure you have everything and you know what is what. Sometimes Verlinden's instructions show assemblies that are not included...like the HMG in the Iraqi Command Tank conversion...on the Instructions, but not in the box.
 _GOTOTOP