_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Time and money poll
CARFACE
KitMaker: 128 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2002 - 06:43 AM UTC
Here's an interesting little question.
If you struck it rich tomorrow, so that time and money were non-factors, what would you like to build as an Ultimate Project???
Just wondering!
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,561 posts
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2002 - 06:52 AM UTC
I'd like to build a 1/35 replica of the Rebel's echo base hangar from Hoth, complete with speeders, x-wings and a giant Falcon.
Either that, or a full scale battle droid! Ah, wait! I could do a Destroyer droid instead! Or I could do a large scale replica of the Executor's bridge!
(you see, this is why I never think of all the things I'd like to do... there's just to much :-) )
Welcome to Armorama, and I hope you enjoy the site!

YodaMan
'See through you we can...'
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2002 - 09:05 AM UTC
Master Yoda thinks in grander scale than me! My ultimate model would probably a studio scale Reconnaissance Eagle Transporter from Space:1999 - complete with an interior, equipment, and crew.

Gunnie
Chappy_ju87
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 146 posts
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2002 - 09:07 AM UTC
That question is easy.....a 1:1 scale Ju-87 Stuka to restore
ladymodelbuilder
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,218 posts
Armorama: 401 posts
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2002 - 09:11 AM UTC
How about a full scale German U-boat :-)
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2002 - 09:14 AM UTC
If you're talking full scale now, I'll say a speeder bike from Jedi. But realisticly, I'd like to rebuild an old Porsche. There's a rusting 914 I know of that I'd love to get running again.

YodaMan
'A modeler must have a deep commitment, a serious mind... well, maybe not.'
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
KitMaker: 1,796 posts
Armorama: 1,207 posts
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2002 - 10:25 AM UTC
I think I would build a hugh diorama of a convoy of Dragon Wagons loaded with Shemans.
That should be enough to keep anyone busy.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2002 - 11:34 AM UTC
I'd still like a 1/25 scale M1A1 with complete interior detailing, removeable turret roof and hull access panels.
TheGame
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 98 posts
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2002 - 12:54 PM UTC
Something like a 1/35 scale diorama of the Omaha Beach invasion or another battle, not sure which though. I'd have to do alot of research.
It would take up like half a room or something.
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,717 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2002 - 10:35 PM UTC
A 1:1 P-38 built new from the original specifications, and a 2 ton injection molding system with full pouring and machining area!!
Chief
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 498 posts
Armorama: 193 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 03:39 AM UTC
I wouldn't build anything, I'd hire TinCan or Sabot to build it for me. :-)
Maybe a 1:24 Flower Class Corvette
Sabot
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 03:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I wouldn't build anything, I'd hire TinCan or Sabot to build it for me. :-)
Maybe a 1:24 Flower Class Corvette

And I'd subcontract it to Gunnie
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 04:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

And I'd subcontract it to Gunnie

Ohh, somebody contract me to build something.... Anything?... Anyone?... No takers?...Hmm, I guess I'll try later.

YodaMan
'Skilled later is he, who starts his hobby young.'
RufusLeeking
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 330 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 05:07 AM UTC
I think I'd still build pretty much the same kits I am building now, maybe a little more detail accessories. With me money is not the probelm, it's time. I haven't touched any of the kits I have started in 3 weeks. Now if I could make what I make now and only work 20 hours a week, I am sure I could find more time for building.

Ron C.
Ashtabula, Oh.
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 06:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I think I'd still build pretty much the same kits I am building now, maybe a little more detail accessories. With me money is not the probelm, it's time.

Same here... With working hours ranging from 50 to 60 a week, I guess I could say my job is a bit hectic. The weekends are usually free, so I do most of my modeling then... Now, you can see why it takes so much time for me to finish anything..

Mario M.

ARENGCA
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 382 posts
Armorama: 267 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 06:04 AM UTC
Old thread, but I'll see what happens anyway...

I don't think I'd change what I'm building, but I would definitely make sure I spent more time doing it! Right now between the job, military, and the kids...left something out...what, could...oh, yeah...MY WIFE!, there just isn't much time left. I am blessed with a wife who realized a few years back that if I get a few hours in the dungeon, I am a lot easier to get along with. So I am lucky that way, I get a few hours (but not much more!). I'd sell one of the kids for more time to work on my models, but that would be illegal (anyone know what kids bring on e-bay?). :-)

NOTICE: For any Federal agents or other law-enforcement-type people...That was a JOKE! I was KIDDING (mostly).
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,717 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 04:47 PM UTC
Arengca,

Anybody with kid knows what you are meaning :-) it just goes to show that you are normal. I think the gov should fill the Space Shuttle with teenagers as a test to see if the world is better those few days...heck I'm sure most parents would pay for something like that
NeilUnreal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 80 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 10:58 PM UTC
I would build a full-scale capsule replica, interior and exterior, from the classic space-race era. Most likely either a Mercury, Gemini or Apollo Capsule. It would also be cool to build it into a room that was a 1:1 diorama of the pre-launch room on the tower just before hatch closing.

-Neil
Stormbringer
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,667 posts
Armorama: 1,116 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 05:10 AM UTC
Hi all
I'd like a 1:8 scale Challenger 1 mk 3 with blank firing gun & full Chobham armour and or a 1:1 scale Gama Goat and Alvis Stalwart
Peter
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 07:32 AM UTC
kursk battle full tanks and planes plus troops. I guess you get the message.
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 05:40 PM UTC
A scene in 1/35 of the infamous "Katyn" massacre in which the lovely krauts commited one of the greatest atrocities of WW2! The world always needs reminding how lucky we all are to be here! And in case you think this a bit too grim then excuse me but my family had a bit of a tough time of it there and at the warsaw uprising. Still if my Grandad hadn't caught caught by shrapnel from an 88 then he wouldn't have met my nan (His nurse) Made my mum then me! and so on and so on and so on!
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2002 - 06:30 AM UTC
Two other things I''d like to do:
Find a large scale model of a Ford Explorer, and paint it to look like they did in 'Jurassic Park', including huge sunroof and interior. I could also do that with the Mercedes SUV's from 'The Lost World'
I also think it'd be cool to make a working model of a rollercoaster. Something loopy and with corkscrews. Kind of my version of a miniature railroad - only more interesting. :-)

YodaMan
Sabot
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2002 - 07:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Find a large scale model of a Ford Explorer, and paint it to look like they did in 'Jurassic Park', including huge sunroof and interior. I could also do that with the Mercedes SUV's from 'The Lost World'...

Lindberg did the Jurassic Park Explorer in 1/20 scale. It was not the proper model, but it did contain the decals. The kit was a 2-door that was basically the civilian model they boxed with decals and molded in yellow. Revell-Monogram did the Mercedes in 1/25 but it was snap-tite. My daughter built the SUV, I've got the Explorer kit somewhere in the garage.
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2002 - 09:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Lindberg did the Jurassic Park Explorer in 1/20 scale. It was not the proper model, but it did contain the decals. The kit was a 2-door that was basically the civilian model they boxed with decals and molded in yellow. Revell-Monogram did the Mercedes in 1/25 but it was snap-tite. My daughter built the SUV, I've got the Explorer kit somewhere in the garage.

Rob Gronovius
Major, US Army

I'm not young enough to know everything

You know, I'm really starting to doubt that your quote is true...... maybe you are young enough

YodaMan
pipesmoker
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 649 posts
Armorama: 379 posts
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2002 - 10:01 AM UTC
I've been thinking about this thread and if, for me, money or time would not be a factor, I would like to try and get the Army to sell me all of the rusting armor and guns sitting in the field behind the Aberdeen PG Museum. Bring them all in under cover, hire the help and start restoring it all. From the Elephant down to the rack of gun barrels sitting out there.The last time I visited APG (spring 2001) they had hauled away the PzIVD. The only thing near the pad where it used to be, was a length of track. A pin must have broken when it was dragged off. Restore and preserve not only the WW2 stuff, but all the AFV's that were in the median strip in the "Mile of Tanks"
What the heck....think big...right?
Oh, and donate enough money for the museum to build a building to completely house all the stuff that has been already restored and bring the Tiger back.
 _GOTOTOP