_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
WHEELS - Piotr's Dodge finished
PiotrS
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 199 posts
Armorama: 174 posts
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2006 - 01:33 PM UTC
Hi!

It was very quick and pleasant build. In progess photos and comments are here:
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/67235&page=1
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/67894&page=1

It was painted with Valejo acrylics and then weathered with artists oils and pigments. Figure is from Dragon, tool box and hand tools are Aber PE.

First original truck:

hm, Houston we have problems

Hope you like it.

Piotr
umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 1,396 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2006 - 02:41 PM UTC
I love it... very nice indeed. Great job on the weathering too. But ain't the figure supposed to be holding something in his hands?
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2006 - 03:09 PM UTC
Very nice. I really like the weathering and the overall effect you have created and it is nice to see that you have not 'overloaded' the rear deck..

Two points for your consideration if you do another Dodge.

A/ the engine color was a light grey not OD or green. This was a carry on from the civilian production of these Dodge motors.

B/ the handle grips, where the gunner held the weapon to fire it, of the 50cal MG were wood and should be painted as such.

cheers
Cliff
EasyOff
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 926 posts
Armorama: 356 posts
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2006 - 05:06 PM UTC
What a beautiful job. I'm very very impressed and inspired. I want to run out and buy that kit right away. Of course, it will sit on my shelf for about 10 years, but hey, I'll have it right?

Wow, there's just something about the body shape that I like. Its so agressive. Of course, I wouldn't want to be the driver when those Hot 50 cal shells start flying around. Get one on the back of the neck and Yowza!!!

PiotrS
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2006 - 05:50 PM UTC
Thanks for your kind words guys

Quoted Text

But ain't the figure supposed to be holding something in his hands?

Yes, you're right, this G.I. should hold his Garand rifle but it looked odd. It's not natural to repair an engine with gun in hand

Quoted Text

Two points for your consideration if you do another Dodge.

A/ the engine color was a light grey not OD or green. This was a carry on from the civilian production of these Dodge motors.

B/ the handle grips, where the gunner held the weapon to fire it, of the 50cal MG were wood and should be painted as such.

On photos in my book about WC51 engine is painted OD but those are contemporary photos of restored one and owner might repaint it
Fortunately handle grips are easy to fix.

Quoted Text

I want to run out and buy that kit right away

Do it now! It's one of the best kits I've ever built. Even without PE parts will look great, definitly worth buying.

Piotr
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
Armorama: 1,864 posts
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2006 - 08:02 PM UTC
Just to add to what Cliff said, there is usually a metal "cap" attached to the end of the charging handle on the .50. So you are correct in that part.

Jeff
KitMaker: 4,303 posts
Armorama: 1,051 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 02:53 AM UTC
Love it!!
Great work, very nice detail. I like the open dashboard storage compartment very much!

Quoted Text

Yes, you're right, this G.I. should hold his Garand rifle but it looked odd. It's not natural to repair an engine with gun in hand

Just an idea: give the GI a cloth in his right hand and a small enginepart in his left, like he is examaning it after cleaning; it fit's his pose. And make his hands look greasy too...
Mojo
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,339 posts
Armorama: 637 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 03:53 AM UTC
Fine looking build Piotr.. I had a peek at your in progress pics.. Quite a bit of PE going on there.. I think my eyes woulda fallen out.. :-)

Dave
jRatz
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,171 posts
Armorama: 541 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 09:03 AM UTC
Piotr,

Very fine work .... not only is the model great but the overall diorama/presentation works very well ...

John
PiotrS
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 12:43 PM UTC
I'm glad you like it It's a shame that here in Poland we have typical winter weather now which means heavy clouds, snow or fog and almost no sunshine. In natural light photos should look much better.

Quoted Text

Just an idea: give the GI a cloth in his right hand and a small enginepart in his left, like he is examaning it after cleaning; it fit's his pose. And make his hands look greasy too...

Great idea Paul! That's what I've looked for. Any hand tool is too small to fit his hand but cloth will be perfect.

Piotr
PiotrS
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
Posted: Saturday, February 18, 2006 - 01:14 PM UTC
Small update, now unlucky G.I. holds a dirty cloth in his hand

MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 18, 2006 - 01:53 PM UTC
that makes the overall effect even better my friend.

Cheers
Cliff
 _GOTOTOP