_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
The Official Purple Hearts Campaign
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 2,709 posts
Armorama: 1,818 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 04:12 AM UTC
Alright troopers, lets try to get this one of the ground.

Introducing The Purple Hearts campaign. As its name states, its got some form of relationship to injury or death but im changing the scope to include military vehicles with damage/s.

So without further ado, check out the Campaign details here

Im in the process of creating the award but am finding the size restrictions a little annoying as i cant create a decent one below 1Kb. Will place it up as soon as i can.

If any of you have any suggestions surrounding this campaign, feel free to post it here.

If you need more personal attention, feel free to PM me about it.

KitMaker: 4,303 posts
Armorama: 1,051 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 10:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

A pile of ash does not count as battle damage. The vehicle needs to be at least visible enough to determine its make and model.... (quote from The Rules and Regs)

:-) :-) :-) :-)

Sounds like a great campaing!
I'm in!

jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2006 - 02:26 AM UTC
Yeah i thought i better add that one in just incase some of us get really carried away with damage.
tony55
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 346 posts
Armorama: 315 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 18, 2006 - 05:57 PM UTC
Well I have to have a go at this one as i've not done battle damage before. Aside from wear and tear that is. That doesn't count here though does it

Don't know what model yet though. Guess I'll have to search these pages for tips and techniques.

Cheers,
Tony
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2006 - 02:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Well I have to have a go at this one as i've not done battle damage before. Aside from wear and tear that is. That doesn't count here though does it

Don't know what model yet though. Guess I'll have to search these pages for tips and techniques.

Cheers,
Tony

Depends what you mean by wear and tear though. Stuff like broken tracks that was either caused by the terrain or battle damage are all included in this campaign.
waterlily
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 59 posts
Armorama: 42 posts
Posted: Friday, April 28, 2006 - 09:26 AM UTC
Ok sounds like fun I’m in thinking of a Dragon kit I can bend.
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Armorama: 3,777 posts
Posted: Friday, April 28, 2006 - 08:56 PM UTC
I have a KV1 looking to absorb some punishment
Torchy
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,016 posts
Armorama: 1,187 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 07, 2006 - 11:34 PM UTC
I'm doing these on a small base.....

Now that is blown up :-) :-) :-)
Andy
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Monday, May 08, 2006 - 02:37 AM UTC
They sell damaged goods....literally????

Welcome to the campaign!
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Friday, June 02, 2006 - 10:51 AM UTC
This campaign has now officially started so crank up those air brushes folks, its time to do some damage....literally!

Im still working on creating the award for this one so will post it up once its ready.
Posted: Friday, June 02, 2006 - 02:19 PM UTC
Hi Jazza!

I have taken an old 1:35 model to experiment with.
I'm planning a German scoutcar that's gone swimming in a Russian swamp. :-)

I will post some pictures soon.

Paul
erichvon
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,694 posts
Armorama: 1,584 posts
Posted: Friday, June 02, 2006 - 02:24 PM UTC
I think I may attempt a casualty clearing station. Now I need to find the Dragon Ambulance Kubelwagen conversion!
Posted: Friday, June 02, 2006 - 03:25 PM UTC
Hi Karl,

HobbyEasy (see right site of screen, red advertisement) sells that conversion and for a nice price.
erichvon
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, June 03, 2006 - 08:42 PM UTC
Nice one! Thanks for that Paul!
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2006 - 02:58 PM UTC
Alright folks, after toying with different looking awards, im kinda back to square one on what i think is an appropriate enough award for this campaign. I ended up placing up the ACTUAL purple heart award for this campaign.

If anyone of you have any suggestions on what might be a better award, feel free to PM me about it.
erichvon
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 - 06:12 AM UTC
To be honest I think that the Purple Heart ribbon would be superb as an award. Do we get oak leaves for multiple dios?...lol...just kidding. I think given the nature of the campaign it fits with it very well. Hopefully by the end of the week I should have some progress shots of my project. The World Cup is getting in the way at the moment of me building!
erichvon
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 21, 2006 - 02:28 PM UTC
I've had a bit of rethink on my dio....I went into the dark depths of my stash cupboard and found a pile of figures I've been itching to do something with for a couple of years. Can I do a purely infantry dio ( no vehicles) for the campaign. What I'm looking at doing is a retreat to Dunkirk dio with a rearguard action being fought around a bridge. Obviously there'll be wounded or dead. Will this qualify?
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Wednesday, June 21, 2006 - 02:56 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Can I do a purely infantry dio ( no vehicles) for the campaign. What I'm looking at doing is a retreat to Dunkirk dio with a rearguard action being fought around a bridge. Obviously there'll be wounded or dead. Will this qualify?

Most definitely! I've actually already catered for dios like that when i first came up with the idea so having a vehicle is optional.

Quoted Text

- Dioramas with figures depicting injury would be eligible for this campaign.

Will update it to say "- Dioramas with only figures depicting injury would be eligible for this campaign."

Quoted Text

The World Cup is getting in the way at the moment of me building!

You and me both eh. On top of the World Cup, i was following the NBA finals closely and followed by the Rugby Union (All Blacks vs Ireland).

Good Luck with yours!
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 4,002 posts
Armorama: 2,947 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 22, 2006 - 02:51 PM UTC
Gday all
I'm going to try a bogged M4 dio... I have been doing a bit of practice with my mud techniques, and as my Formations update has been lost somewhere between Tennessee and Victoria (possibly updating a quarry statue on Easter Island maybe) I will hope to work on the dio tomorrow, in between World Cup replays...
Cheers
Brad
Blade48mrd
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,185 posts
Armorama: 810 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 22, 2006 - 11:17 PM UTC
Jeremy -

Think I've finally decided on doing either a Tamiya Panther G or most likely a Tamiya JagdPanther (Late) from my stash. I want to show it slid of the road after taking a hit, damaging track with a wounded tank crew 'bailing out'. I'll use a versionof the Jaguar's figures 'Bailing Out' sets for this. Hope to get really going on this after the 4th of July and my Babe Ruth Baseball season tournaments. No problem with 'World Cup' since US has managed to 'whimp' their way out of it.

Blade48mrd
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Friday, June 23, 2006 - 11:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Jeremy -

Think I've finally decided on doing either a Tamiya Panther G or most likely a Tamiya JagdPanther (Late) from my stash. I want to show it slid of the road after taking a hit, damaging track with a wounded tank crew 'bailing out'. I'll use a versionof the Jaguar's figures 'Bailing Out' sets for this. Hope to get really going on this after the 4th of July and my Babe Ruth Baseball season tournaments. No problem with 'World Cup' since US has managed to 'whimp' their way out of it.

Blade48mrd

Sounds like you got it planned down really well. I can almost imagine it just by your description and have to say that its looking good.

Just a reminder to all that the galleries for this campaign have been created so if you have progress shots to show, please feel free to show them here or in there. Will be checking there from time to time nonetheless.
phoenix-1
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 629 posts
Armorama: 340 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 24, 2006 - 12:07 AM UTC
My project hasn't been finalized yet but right now I am going between two plans. The first would be an initial production LVTP7 undergoing sea trials that has stalled due to rough water getting into the engine. The engine hatch would be opened, the commander on the radio trying to get help, and a crewman popping out of the crew compartment raising up their only means of propulsion: a lone wooden oar.
My other idea comes from OIF early in the invasion. My inspiration came from the Discovery Channel's "Fight for Baghdad" documentary when the Marines attempt to control the Tigris and Euphrates bridges in the south. The dio would depict a AAV bogged down in the thick mud. Two crewmen are in the scene: one holding a tow cable gesturing to another vehicle off the base and the other with a shovel digging out mud near the tracks in the rear. Any comments on which one I should go with would be appreciated since I go with either one at this point.
Kyle
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 4,002 posts
Armorama: 2,947 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 24, 2006 - 08:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Any comments on which one I should go with would be appreciated since I go with either one at this point.

Gday Kyle
I'd go with the former! The LVTP7 would be a great idea, and love the idea of the oar
erichvon
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 06:23 AM UTC
Finally got started properly today after cutting the baseboard. I've got a couple of figures finished but haven't decided where to place them yet. I ran out of PVA glue which was a bit of a bummer as that meant I had to stop on the scenery when I'd decided what to do. The scenario is....Dunkirk..... a BEF section retreating across a footbridge in the middle of nowhere while under mortar attack. The Bren position has been abandoned due to the crew being wounded and moving back while under fire from the opposite bank while being helped across the bridge. Very basic at the moment but I'm going to press on.......
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 08:23 AM UTC
Wow i sense this is going to be one huge diorama. Im guessing this setting will consist of a lot of destroyed buildings in the background as well?
 _GOTOTOP