_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Aftermarket Parts
Neonoodle
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 41 posts
Armorama: 41 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 07:37 PM UTC
Hello all.

Ive been bitten by the modeling bug once again, and have dug my kit boxes and paints out of the cuboard once again (put there due to army commitments ). Amongst the many cars i have, i have a Accurate armour Crarrv, a Tamiya Challenger Mk3 and a AFV Club Scimitar (Thing i drive at work :-) ). What im after is some aftermarket parts such as decals, PE parts etc. Just wondering if anyone has any sites or shops that could help me out, whats good, what to stay away from? im mainly looking for bits for the chally and scimitar (have already got the LEP kit).

Many Thanks

Neil

P.S will post pics of my progress as i go
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 1,966 posts
Armorama: 1,635 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 09:03 PM UTC
Neil, for what your looking for check out Accurate Armour. They make a lot of different update and/or accessory sets for modern British AFV's. Their stuff is kind of pricey but it is good quality. Eduard also makes a very comprehensive photo-etch set for the Tamiya Challenger 1 Mk. 3.

Cheers,
Mike
Neonoodle
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 41 posts
Armorama: 41 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 09:08 PM UTC
Thanks Mike, will check em out, as for a update, hes a shot of my Crarrv, If you look hard enough you will see my scimitar. lol

Neil
Grasshopp12
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 757 posts
Armorama: 459 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 09:39 PM UTC
The Eduard kit for the Challenger is excellent, as Mike said. As far as decals, I know Echelon makes a set for the Challenger. I have not used their set of Challenger decals, but I can tell you their Abrams and Strv 122 decals are AMAZING.
 _GOTOTOP