French Town house progress pic's
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Armorama: 4,258 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 04:20 AM UTC
Hi all,

just a few pic's of my progress on the MiniArt French Townhouse. I've finished the main building, and have started to scratch the floors. As soon as they Are finished I'll add it to the base. That was a stroke off luck, I bought the plaster base years ago, but it turned out that the walls were missing... now it just so happens to be a perfect fit for this building.. See, never throw anything away.. :-)

Cheers
Henk
Parks20
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 737 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 04:59 AM UTC
Looking good Henk, cant wait to see it once you get it weathered! Keep us posted. How was the build? I'm working on the Ukrian house and I ran into some fit "issues"
Max_Fischer
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 639 posts
Armorama: 258 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 05:15 AM UTC
Looks good, bad choice of wall paper though :-) :-)

Seriously though. It looks great, cant wait to see it weathered up!
Henk
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 06:27 AM UTC
Thanks guys

Brian, no real fit issues with this one, but then again there are only two walls to match.. . it needs carefull sanding of the front and back parts, but all the windows and doors line up perfectly. There is a fair bit of sanding required to make the windows fit, but other than that no problems.

Cheers
Henk
cheyenne
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,185 posts
Armorama: 1,813 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 06:46 AM UTC
Henk, nice, nice, nice, how about some eletric wires and plumbing and such.
Did they have hot water or steam heat radiators ? That would be cool also, broken plumbing.
As already answered, no major problems, tho I can't convince myself I'll like the vacu-form stuff.
Great work so far, what type of finish is on the outside walls concrete ?
More progress please and more pics.
Cheyenne
Donald99
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 265 posts
Armorama: 160 posts
Posted: Monday, March 13, 2006 - 07:08 AM UTC
Looking good, Henk.

I notice that you have broken some window frames as well, nice touch. What are you going to use for depicting broken glass? In addition to Cheyenne's suggestion, you could add some curtains and furnitures similar to those in Brain's Ukranian house.

Somehow I got a feeling that you still got a few more MiniArt ruins in your stash.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Monday, March 13, 2006 - 04:54 PM UTC
That's shaping up nicely Henk.
Hopefully you'll consider doing an article on it, when you finish the diorama.

(I like the little ducky thing is the back ground..... :-) )
Henk
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 13, 2006 - 05:05 PM UTC
Thank you Cheyenne, just when I thought I was going to get away with just adding a floor...
:-) Great idea on the electrical wiring and heating plumbing.. just seeing the wiring hanging out of the dust and c**p filled ceilings.
the outside is a plaster type rendering over the brickwork.

Donald, I will add glass (lots of it... ) using clear acetate sheet. And yes, I have a few more, I'd love to build a street, but I haven't the room.. These are not small corner pieces for a vignette.. :-)

Dave, the articel is already written, finishing up on the pictures and I hope to submit it later tonight.
You say jump...

cheers
Henk
Prato
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 1,002 posts
Armorama: 720 posts
Posted: Monday, March 13, 2006 - 11:04 PM UTC
Awesome building, Henk! Can't wait to read that article!
Cheers and happy modelling!
Prato
Henk
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, March 17, 2006 - 06:25 AM UTC
Started adding rubble yesterday, I'm pleased so far but ran out of plaster so I'll have to make some more to finish it of.

Cheers
Henk
SkateOrDie
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 747 posts
Armorama: 301 posts
Posted: Friday, March 17, 2006 - 06:31 AM UTC
Good job
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 2,220 posts
Armorama: 1,707 posts
Posted: Friday, March 17, 2006 - 10:11 AM UTC
Super progress so far Henk! This is gonna be pretty neat!
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Armorama: 713 posts
Posted: Friday, March 17, 2006 - 09:13 PM UTC
Hello, my friend!

Henk, looking GREAT Bro! I have yet to tackle one these buildings that I have in my stash, but every one that I see you do just put's the urge on to me even more!
Have you been able to find any of the Testors goop to try making your own window glass yet?? I don't know about the availability over on your side of the ocean, but if you can't find it gimme a shout and I'll send you over a bottle(or two!)...keep the updates coming, man, and looking forward to the next installment of "Henk's Vacu-formapedia" !
Gunny
BigJon
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 757 posts
Armorama: 609 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 18, 2006 - 10:05 PM UTC
Henk that rubble, and the building, have both turned out really well. I look forward to seeing this one in it's later stages !

What's going to be going on out front ?
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Armorama: 3,777 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 18, 2006 - 10:17 PM UTC
I really like the wallpaper touch inside the house. I also like the sewer grate. Awesome details
jlmurc
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,267 posts
Armorama: 969 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2006 - 12:39 AM UTC
Well done Henk it looks really good you are becoming a bit of the resident advisor and expert. Now if only I can hurry up and clear a few jobs for people that have given me commissions and I can clear my bench, finish my Luchs and get on with the German townhouse, as the more I see of your work and examine the items in the box, the more convinced I am that I am going to enjoy the project.

have fun and keep us informed.

John
Henk
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2006 - 03:24 AM UTC
Thanks all for your appreaciation, unfortunately my computer trew a major hissy fit yesterday and my only access to the net is from the computer at work at the moment... .
I'll be in the office tommorow night, when I'll have time to reply and and an update...
Cheers
Henk
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 4,002 posts
Armorama: 2,947 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2006 - 03:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I also like the sewer grate.

(Sorry I'm straying a little here Henk...!) Was going to correct you Alan and say that this would be a stormwater grate [to collect the kerbing channel water]
But then I thought that it may have happened in Europe at this time to have sewer systems which were more open than nowadays and took both types of water?
P.S. You're building is looking great Henk... Love the spread of the rubble only where the building is damaged... Gives you a 'clean' section to work with on the building corner
Cheers
Brad
Henk
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2006 - 03:07 AM UTC
Cheers
I'm quite exited as the rubble has come out well sofar. I've started adding glass and more wood today, and will start working on some interior detail aswel ( picture on the wall, plumbing etc.) Don't know about resident expert , I'm just taking this from the beginning. What I think it does show is that these kits are not difficult to make (hell, I'm by no means experienced in vac-form perse) and with some care turn into very interesting models. The main point about these MiniArt kits is the subject mater, they depict something different than 'standard two wall corners with one broken window'.. I know you can get some really nice buildngs in resin and plaster, but you pay a price. Talking of, have a look here for a preview of their future releases... some very exiting things in the pipeline...

However, back to my build... a few pics in better light, and some detail of the second floor. That is a Turkish woven rug, no a printed carpet...

I've not realy planned on adding anything in the shape of figures with it as yet. What I'm doing on this base is more of a 'stand alone' exersise to create a 'bombed out' building. I'm planning on intergrating it later into something bigger, with figures and vehicles.

Cheers
Henk
SkateOrDie
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 747 posts
Armorama: 301 posts
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2006 - 03:10 AM UTC
Looks great. Can't wait to see it finished.
Henk
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 05:54 PM UTC
At last I've had some time to do some work on my models... I've added the last floor, and have started adding the broken glass to the windows .
I've decided on the roof aswel, it will be covered in lead sheet, IIRC that was (is?) a common style of roof on these buildings.

A few more pics are in my gallery

More rubble will be added on the floors, and windowsills etc, and final weathering will be a lot of smoke damage and an overall covering of dust.

Cheers
Henk
geofroley
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 94 posts
Armorama: 45 posts
Posted: Monday, April 03, 2006 - 12:56 AM UTC
That looks awesome! What all is exactly in that rubble?
 _GOTOTOP