_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
why my modelling as come to a sudden stop!
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,595 posts
Armorama: 1,209 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 10:46 AM UTC
I know this is well off topic but this is why my modelling has come to a complete halt!
but these can be found in most places in the world and would even fit in a vietnam dio
well what is it ?
it's a 1960 serie 2 Li 125 lambretta under going a full nut/bolt resto

if only my models looked this good

any way heres the url: http://groups.msn.com/shamefulsstuff/ser2scooterresto.msnw
all coments welcome
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
KitMaker: 1,796 posts
Armorama: 1,207 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 11:25 AM UTC
Very cool.
Welcome to Armorama, and Happy Holidays.
Chuck
Gatekeeper
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 142 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 02:02 PM UTC
BRO!...RESPECT!

Me and dad bought an old Land Rover a Long Wheele bace one...its was a 109 A I think...anyways...it wouldnt start...nothing electricaly worked we had to tow it in to my dads work (at the he had acces to a large work are with everything in it).
First we took it comletely apart I mean EVERYTHING!...all we had left was the chasie ( I am not sure of spelling) we needed to scrape off all the rust mud and dirt and re-aply the anti rust coat then seal it. we needed a crane and many many hours work. Next was the engine. The electical system was dead along time ago!...the wireing needed to be re-done the engine was completely blocked...there was far too much bud and gunck in there to do anything!...the engine came apart. Every single peice needed cleaning. Alot of the peices could not be found and needed to be imported...for the amout of peices we need it just wanst worth it. So the ones that could be re-cleaned and re-used were cleaned. The others were re-made from scratch!...it took a bloodly long time!...one of the axeles we no longer able to move...there was just too much crap blocking it...anyways I think you get the picture...Axels, brakes, dashboard, everything electrical was re-done...

I understand the scooter isnt as big as a Land Rover a Long Wheele bace but its the same thing realy!...Thats a wicked job you have done so far!...keep it up!

I cant wait to see more!

Cris
chipotle
KitMaker: 72 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 06:00 PM UTC
Nice job on the scooter so far.

And this from an old rocker. i must have mellowed eh.

kkeefe
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,416 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 25, 2002 - 07:17 AM UTC
Gawd how that brings back old memories. We had a couple of those Lambrettas in our garage.

Never did like those old Vespas. Lambretta was the only way to go.

Nice find and great restore work!

Thanks,
Kevin Keefe
Mortars in Miniature
 _GOTOTOP