_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Photo help
Torchy
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,016 posts
Armorama: 1,187 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 12:08 AM UTC
Not being a "Bill Gates" with a PC
since the new fangaled changers to the site......
How do I post a pic now? cant seem to get them from my gallery
cheers chums
Andy.. (one thick *&^%$£*)
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Armorama: 3,293 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 12:28 AM UTC
Don't feel bad, we've all been there.
Go to your photos and left clcick on the thumbnail to get a full size picture. Right click on the full size and a box pops up. Choose "Properties" at the bottom of the box by left clicking. IN the middle, there's a URL Address. Triple left click on the address to highl;ight it. Right click the highligted address and choose "Copy" Close the properties box by left clft clicking "Cancel" and returen to your post. Now, above the text box on the right is a button labeled img. Click it and http://put.url.here/image.file appears between a set of brackets. Highliight this by dragging the cusosr across it. Now right click the highlighted portion and choose "Paste". Your picture will be in your post.
When I post multiple pictures in a post, I paste the addresses in Word first and add the bracketed img-/img code manually before copying the whole thing into my post. Just make sure when you do this you don't leave any spaces or you'll get the dreaded
Torchy
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,016 posts
Armorama: 1,187 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 01:10 AM UTC
Top fella ,cheers Al
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,901 posts
Armorama: 553 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 03:21 AM UTC
When I right click on the large view, I do not get the "Properties" at the bottom of the box!?!?

seriously confused,
Frank
Ripster
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 970 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 04:24 AM UTC
If I remember rightly the old gallery used to display a line of html code under each full size pic viewed; this could be cut and pasted into your forum post to display the picture in a thread. Obviously this was a lot easier than all the right-clicking and extraction of properties needed just now - will that feature be coming for the new look gallery I wonder? Hope so
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 05:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

When I right click on the large view, I do not get the "Properties" at the bottom of the box!?!?

seriously confused,
Frank

Did you right click? It's there.
This is the address for your picture above: https://gallery.kitmaker.net/data/15580/DSC_2831a.jpg
sgtsauer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 2,605 posts
Armorama: 1,814 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 09:33 AM UTC
I haven't even been able to get into my gallery since the site changes have taken place. The pic's I had linked in other places don't work. I'm pretty frustrated at this point. The gallery and photo hosting was one of the big benefits to board membership that I really enjoyed.
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 09:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I haven't even been able to get into my gallery since the site changes have taken place. The pic's I had linked in other places don't work. I'm pretty frustrated at this point. The gallery and photo hosting was one of the big benefits to board membership that I really enjoyed.

Brent, the picture above, Japanese fighter, was from the poster's gallery. I'm guessing this is all par tof the new server set up, since I can't get into my own photos right now.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 11:26 AM UTC
Nobody can get into anything right now as the gallery was running earlier today with serious problems that required me to remove access. As soon as I am able the gallery will be back up and better than before (as we have upgraded to a new version which has some nice features).

I will make an announcement this time when the gallery is fully up and ready to use.

Thanks,
Jim
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 06:56 PM UTC
Thanks Jim,....

I posted my first photos this morning, successfully. The photos seem to be limited to a smaller size than previously. Will there be an option for larger sized photos?

Frank

AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 07:13 PM UTC
Click the first thumbnail and you get a set of thumbnails. Click these to get the full size picture.
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 07:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Click the first thumbnail and you get a set of thumbnails. Click these to get the full size picture.

I did,... but how do you get this larger sized photo, copied and pasted on to the post?
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 08:14 PM UTC
Frank.....good point!

I will have to come up with a means to allow users to basically have the same function inside the forum. Personally though I don't want any 1000 pixel wide images embedded in the forum as that will blow the page way out to the right.

However if you are clever in using the properties method Al described above you can still do it.

Jim
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 08:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I did,... but how do you get this larger sized photo, copied and pasted on to the post?

I posted full directions in the second post in this thread. You can use this with just about any image on the web.
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 01:54 AM UTC
Test Photo......

......I'm not sure what you've done, (or if it's just me getting the hang ot it) but that is much better............ thanks Jim!

Frank
 _GOTOTOP