Hosted by Darren Baker
Jackhammer81's house
cheyenne
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,185 posts
Armorama: 1,813 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2006 - 07:25 AM UTC
Hey Kevin, it's about time, sorry but I trashed the first attempt - just was to plain. My son said it looked like a box and was no dig deal. Little d-head.
The 3rd pic. shows the room divider wall as removable so you can paint the interior easier.
The dimensions are exact to what you gave me, except for the attached wood shed thingie on the outside wall next to the outside fireplace stonework. The inner shelf cubby area next to the fireplace will have firewood also.
The front door will be where it is in the Tiger tank pic., tho I may add a small front porch area. There will have to be steps to the ground level and the lower foundation will be stone work.
The interior will not be buttoned up because I will make the roof, as being repaired with exposed rafters and either a straw or tin roof covering 1/2, 3/4 or whatever finished [ if thats ok with you, this way you'll have to find some peasent figs. to be working on the roof ]
It's late for me, was up early and I'm tired, can't think of any more things to say about it, or pre-answer anything.
Talk to you and or answer q's during the week [ my son weezer broke my dam skype mike also, so I'll have to go get another one].
Last but not least the wife is fine and everything came out ok. - Later man - Cheyenne
Oh yeah there are other pics in my gallery.

wolfsix
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 754 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2006 - 07:40 AM UTC

Oh, I like this a lot. This is real cool. I like the wall that pulls out. Please tell me you plan on writing a article on how this was done. The stone / brick is outstanding.
Harry
ACHTUNG
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 266 posts
Armorama: 187 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2006 - 08:14 AM UTC
Wowwwwww.. this is superb !!

just wondering how do u make the stone ? looks so fantastic
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2006 - 10:26 AM UTC
WOW !!! Just that !!!! WOW

These stones ara amazing!!!!
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2006 - 10:33 AM UTC
Cheyenne, First Happy Brithday again!!! You sure have been busy doing this and knocking out that piano for Costas. This is so much more than I thought you would do, its simply fantastic work. you have exceeded my expectations, I will have to step up the dio so it will match Thansk again for doing it. I am glad to hear about the wife. I look forward to talking to you this week. cheers Kevin
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2006 - 06:46 PM UTC
Looking good!! Great job and I'm sure Kevin will do you proud when he puts it in that monster dio of his .Awesome !

Rick
Foxy
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 332 posts
Armorama: 220 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2006 - 11:14 PM UTC
cheyenne this is a really nice house you have creted there. i really would like to know how you did the stone wall. the really look topnotxh. can't wait to see them painted.

but i also have one thing that strikes me. the shelf boards look a little too thick for me. maybe you might to consider in replacing them.
dsc
Visit this Community
Gdańsk, Poland
KitMaker: 247 posts
Armorama: 228 posts
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2006 - 12:08 AM UTC
Ola

Really nice looking house:) I'm also curious about how the walls were made.

Cheers,
dsc.
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Armorama: 3,777 posts
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2006 - 06:23 AM UTC
Kevin you cheater!!! (Inside joke)
Sherman_67
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 265 posts
Armorama: 203 posts
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2006 - 07:19 AM UTC
Hey Cheyenne did you have a plan that house. Cause if you did could post a pic of it I wouldn't mind seeing it

Matt
Crackshot53
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 143 posts
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2006 - 08:44 AM UTC
wow!

how'd you pull off that stone?
cheyenne
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2006 - 04:34 PM UTC
Thanks guys,
Patrick, the shelve next to the fireplace is for firewood storage which is loaded through the wall from the mini - shed against the fireplace on the outside wall. So I made it sturdier looking.
Everybody likes the stonework, well they are from a stone sheet made of stiff - dense styrofoam. I don't remember who made them or how long ago I got them but I wish I had alot more. I seem to remember tho that they were from some small scale r.r. store. They do look rather nice, the trick here will be sculpting my own for the rest of the chimney.
Matt you would have to ask Jackhammer for the plans my set are locked up in the safe [ top secret stuff ]
Tom the walls are foam board, to be finished as a stucco type goo over woven lathe like branches.
The inside slider in and out thingie is a piece of balsa with coffee stirs over it.
That was simply done by placing the wall and gluing 4 upright pieces against the walls
Gotta go to work now and it's only 20 degrees ...... what the hell happened to spring ?
Cheyenne
drumthumper
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 392 posts
Armorama: 227 posts
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2006 - 11:11 PM UTC
Dude, where's the windows?

Mike
Foxy
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 332 posts
Armorama: 220 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 12:42 AM UTC
okay cheyenne, than forget my thoughts.
I thought more of a bookshelf
Sherman_67
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 265 posts
Armorama: 203 posts
Posted: Friday, March 24, 2006 - 07:35 PM UTC
Hey Cheyenne what scale would you say that the house is

Matt
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Friday, March 24, 2006 - 08:22 PM UTC
Top notch job .. as always ...Cheyenne. Love what you
did with the fireplace. The stone work looks amazing!
dvs911
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 64 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 08:56 AM UTC
Put it in a box and sell me one!! Very nice!
drumthumper
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 09:50 AM UTC
Not to put a damper on the festivities, but I've done my fair share of scratchbuilding and can't seem to get past the fact there are no exterior doors or windows. Would it not have been much easier to integrate those details during the layout and construction of the exterior walls? With such a simplistic design I would have thought it would have made much more sense to do so, rather than be faced with the arduous task of knocking those details in after the fact.
Also, that pre-formed/painted foam rock panels are a breeze to use, aren't they?

Just my 2-cents

Mike
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 10:12 AM UTC
Hi Mike, the windows will get there as will the doors. I have to agree I have found it a pain cutting doorways and windows after assembly when I have done these things myself but I have faith in Cheyenne, he is very good at what he does. Now back to scratching that brass bed. Cheers Kevin
cheyenne
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 06:23 PM UTC
Drumhumper, gee....
drumthumper
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 07:59 PM UTC
Excuse me ...?
drumthumper
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 08:23 PM UTC
"Drumhumper, gee.... " Oh, that's funny, junior. Now I understand ..... somebody comes along with a legitimate question regarding why you built your little house the way you did, and you want to get personal! I was taught if you didn't have anything nice to say about something, don't say anything at all ... that's why I've refrained commenting on your little house. I just couldn't figure out why you would assemble the walls without first dealing with the other details. It just didn't make any sense! That appears to be a neophyte mistake, but I figure there are a lot of accomplished builders on this site, so don't be afraid to ask them for advice on methods or techniques. Maybe then you won't have to wield your rapier wit to defend your actions.

Have a great day!
Mike
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 1,430 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 12:17 AM UTC
Drumthumper...Give it a rest buddy...I mean..what diffrence does it make really wether or not ther windows are done at a specific time during production? I think what Cheyenne is doing here is a wonderful gesture, and all his buildings turn out amazing!!!
When you make comments like "Also, that pre-formed/painted foam rock panels are a breeze to use, aren't they?" you open yourself up to critique of your comments.

Mary
drumthumper
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 12:24 AM UTC
I see beginners make those kinds of mistakes all the time and just thought the guy needed a bit of "direction" when it came to making it easier on himself. I simply asked about those concerns and all of a sudden he gets personal (I notice you didn't chastise him for his comment?). Hey, he posted the pics and I'm sorry if I wasn't terribly impressed. Maybe if he didn't want a valid critique he should have kept the pics to himself, huh?
BTW, I believe my comment regarding the pre-formed/pre-painted stone was not intended as a slam ... why did you take it that way?

Mike
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Armorama: 3,777 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 01:28 AM UTC
Cheyenne I've seen plenty of your other buildings and they are top notch. I can't question the results. However I too am curious why you choose to put the windows in at a later stage rather than at the beginning. Is it a personal preference or is there some advantage to this technique?
 _GOTOTOP