_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
"Old timers" site in photo referrence
sturmgewehr
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 7 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 12:29 AM UTC
Folks,
What in the heck is up with this site being linked to Armorama? This site is run by a communist (literally) who HATES America and her allies. Feel free to e-mail me off-site and I'll foreward an e-mail I got form this clown where he talks about destroying America. Given the make-up of most of our members and the focus of our interests, I think it's highly inappropriate to give this person any exposure.

Sturmgewehr
redneck
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,602 posts
Armorama: 384 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 01:11 AM UTC
I have to agree with you there.

Not necessarily that I care what he personally believes but the fact that he states such things openly on the front page of his site. It doesn’t seem like something Armorama would want to be part of.
almonkey
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,124 posts
Armorama: 192 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 02:06 AM UTC
what site are we talking about? if its linked to armorama can you post what it is?
redneck
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,602 posts
Armorama: 384 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 02:15 AM UTC
Link can be found on the 2nd page of links under Photo Achieves (under Reference at the bottom of Amorama Home page)
Its called oldtimers picture gallery
markm
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,757 posts
Armorama: 1,148 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 02:22 AM UTC
Oh yea, he's got to go

Copy and paste

http://www.autogallery.org.ru/
almonkey
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 02:29 AM UTC
i left an appropriate rating and comment, thats as bad as someone advocating nazism in my book.theres no place for that claptrap on this site.
anyone informed the mods or jim about this?
markm
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 02:36 AM UTC
I sent the boss a pm
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 05:26 AM UTC
I do not like the home page either BUT!!!!!!!!!!!! it is a good reference site for original photos and discriptions of vehicles. This is the reason it is there and if you don't want to visit it for whatever reason then don't. But I will continue to visit it for the reference material and just ignore the front page.

Cheers
Cliff
WingTzun
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 853 posts
Armorama: 515 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 08:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

But I will continue to visit it for the reference material and just ignore the front page.

Personaly, I'ld look elsewhere for reference material.
markm
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 09:00 AM UTC
Many thanks to whoever took out the trash.
almonkey
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 11:33 AM UTC
yes, the referance pics were good, there was also a pic of him with an english mate in a austin 7,which was nice. it would be a good little site apart from the left wing hate section. ideally the guy should have kept the two apart. i have my own views on situations in the world (not that extreme though) but you lot would'nt thank me for airing them on a modelling site.
its best he leaves quietly, as he seems to have been "encouraged" to do
sturmgewehr
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 7 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 11:53 AM UTC
Hey,
thanks for the support guys. To those who said they'd still visit the site: PLEASE read the statements he makes again and realize we don't need referrence material badly enough to support this person. Stalin in his time killed more of his own people than the nazis did (check your history). This Person is an unrepentant follow of stalin and his ilk. These people were (are) dedicated to the destruction of our country and all those that support us. I'll get down off my soap box now.

Thanks again!!
Drader
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 2,798 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 01:44 PM UTC
I was also surprised to see the ugly face of Russian nationalism had surfaced on that site. It's not the only place either, Alanger has some pretty unpleasant things to say about the Ukraine (a favourite Russian punchbag).

Then we should be shocked out of our cosy world-view sometimes, shouldn't we.

MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 01:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey,
thanks for the support guys. To those who said they'd still visit the site: PLEASE read the statements he makes again and realize we don't need referrence material badly enough to support this person. Stalin in his time killed more of his own people than the nazis did (check your history). This Person is an unrepentant follow of stalin and his ilk. These people were (are) dedicated to the destruction of our country and all those that support us. I'll get down off my soap box now.

Thanks again!!

To be honest you had no need to get on your soap box in the first place as I can read. I can also ignore that that I do not like because for what ever reasons others do have the right to their own point of views even if I and a lot of others don't share those views.

As I said a very usefull reference site if you ignore the trash on the front page.

Cliff
Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,924 posts
Armorama: 3,679 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 01:56 PM UTC
It doesn't matter how 'useful' the contents of his website. He spreads hate, and no matter how attractive he tries to make his site, a link to his kind of hate has no place on this website.

Vinnie
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 02:08 PM UTC

Quoted Text

It doesn't matter how 'useful' the contents of his website. He spreads hate, and no matter how attractive he tries to make his site, a link to his kind of hate has no place on this website.

Vinnie

At NO time did I say he had a place on this website.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 06:42 PM UTC
Oh it's not worth getting all upset over. The guy is to be pitied more than anything else as it seems pretty obvious (to me) that he has bought into the same type of brainwashing that starts the kind of trouble he is so violently against.

A hateful peace lover is an oxymoron (accent on the moron).

Jim

PS: And Cliff can bookmark the Trucks page anyways and get right past the junk. :-)
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Friday, April 07, 2006 - 02:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Jim

PS: And Cliff can bookmark the Trucks page anyways and get right past the junk. :-)

LOL you are correct as usual Boss :-) and I have to agree that folk that think the way the front page reads are to be pitied!

cheers
Cliff
 _GOTOTOP