_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Large Scale
Dioramas with large scale (1/16 plus) subjects.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Normandy Dio
RayW
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 848 posts
Armorama: 93 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 07, 2006 - 07:42 AM UTC
Hi There,

This is a 1/16 scale dio I just completed. I still have some touch ups to do on the base but pretty well done. One side is some German SS having a chat unknown to them on the other side of the wall there are US 101st Airborne scoping them out.

I've posted this in figures as well and there are more pics in my gallery

Cheers

Ray

dedalos
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 89 posts
Armorama: 84 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 07, 2006 - 08:08 AM UTC
Nice job!I guess someone heard something!!Could you just "sofften"a little bit the walls?cheers
modelmaker9
KitMaker: 125 posts
Armorama: 98 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 07, 2006 - 09:02 AM UTC
Great job, the suspense is great, The figures look detailed but i could not see a close up. Great idea!!!
spooky6
Visit this Community
Sri Lanka
KitMaker: 2,174 posts
Armorama: 582 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 07, 2006 - 07:43 PM UTC
Excellent paintjob, Ray. Agree with tasos on the wall, though.

I recognize most of the Germans as DML, but what's that standing fig with the MP-40?

And are all the Americans resin?

On the para with the Garand, the way he's holding the rifle looks unnatural for such a heavy weapon. Why don't you run the sling over his shoulder? that might make it look more believable. He looks like he's holding a toy at the moment.

Also, you might want to seat the figs more firmly into the ground as some of them look like they're floating off. Bit noticeable at this scale.

Once more, really good work on the cam work.
RayW
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 848 posts
Armorama: 93 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 07, 2006 - 10:10 PM UTC
Hi There,

Thanks for the comments, there are more pictures in the Figures forum if you interested.

As for the the figure with the garand I guess you can't see it in the picture the butt is resting on his pouches but from the picture maybe a little too high.

This is still a work in progress and the figures are just pushed into the ground for positioning and will be making them more permament, they are there right now just for concept.

I did a wash on the walls but maybe the flash of the camera is making them lool too bright because it looks dark from the eye.

I still have more rubble to add and maybe make the building a ltitte more jagged (suggestions in the figure forum)

Thanks for your good comments like I mentioned in the figure forum this whole thing was an experiment with acrylics and large scale dios.

Cheers

Ray
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 10, 2006 - 04:32 PM UTC
This is a great diorama when you realize the scale.
The figures are wonderful. The wall come across (to me) as backdrop vs. a major component of the diorama. Which is ok.
On thing I would prefer to see is more uniform etching on the door stones.
 _GOTOTOP