_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
two new GMC's on the table
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 07:46 AM UTC
After the GMC-CCKW with # 7 wrecker set come these two.

#1 is a combination of two kits. The grey and red plastic from the Heller GMC Pompier fire truck, the green from the Italeri water tank truck, The white of course is evergreen and then there's parts from two Eduard sets and a few bits of copper & brass wire for luck. I have used the most detailed parts from each kit. The LWB chassis has been shortened by 14mm to make it a SWB 352 and The finished kit will have the bonnet up and the motor will have at least basic wiring. It will be painted in Aussie colours and decals as well of the 9th Division in Borneo in 1944/45. still to come are the behind cab fuel tank and sparewheel mount.

#2 is the Tamiya GMC with a CMK fuel tank conversion on the back & an Eduard detail set. This model has since been stripped with oven cleaner and the CMK kit almost totally replaced with a new scratch built deck as the original resin one was bent and proved impossible to straighten. The major problem was solid tanks and a deck that was brittle and cast too thin So only the tanks, photoetch, jerry cans and decals from the original CMK kit will be used. But still, such is modelling.

Comments would be appreciated on both of these. The GMC-CCKW with # 7 set is now out of the panelbeaters and in the paint shop so more pic's from there soon.

Cliff

zer0_co0l
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,432 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 08:07 AM UTC
I will deff do sounds really cool
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 09:21 AM UTC
I love what you do with these kits. Parts of a fire truck ehh?!
Keep up the great work Cliff. That CMK is terrific.
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,289 posts
Armorama: 1,231 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 09:39 AM UTC
I'm a sucker for softskins (including non-armoured military vehicles). I'm more familiar with the M35 and M54, but you make their granddad look sharp ! Excellent work.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 02:48 PM UTC
Excellent work Cliff!
These should be beauties when they´re finished. A nice change from all the real armor stuff on here. As General said....... Im fond of thes sftskins also:
zer0_co0l
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,432 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 07:10 PM UTC
sweeeeeeet
 _GOTOTOP