_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Guntrucks!
Guntrucks of all nationalities and flavors.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Wild thing update.
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 04:01 AM UTC
Here are some more pics of the in progress work. The truck is almost finished sans the graphics and weathering. The armored gun box is coming along nicely also. I got the ammo cans and weapons in place. I still have the radio and odds and ends to make and install. I hope that you like it so far. One of the unique things about this truck is that the side walls were filled with dry sand and capped over with concrete to seal the sand.

HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 04:21 AM UTC
Looking great as usual Dave. Good job.
pfc
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 1,017 posts
Armorama: 752 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 04:47 AM UTC
Looking good Dave nice build. I sure would hate to have been on the receiving end of all that fire power. Thanks for sharing.
Taco
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 17 posts
Armorama: 8 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 05:21 AM UTC
What are the weapons attached? I believe two of them are 50 cal's, and two are M60's, but what is the other one?
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Armorama: 3,777 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 05:38 AM UTC
Looks like a mini-gun, a gatling gun type weapon
m75
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 666 posts
Armorama: 661 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 08:34 AM UTC
Animal, what are you using for the (I assume) M54 5-ton cargo truck which is the basis for the gun truck? I know AFV Club has the M35A2 2 1/2 ton, but the presence of the 5 ton intrigues me!

Jim Peterson
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 09:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Animal, what are you using for the (I assume) M54 5-ton cargo truck which is the basis for the gun truck? I know AFV Club has the M35A2 2 1/2 ton, but the presence of the 5 ton intrigues me!

It is a conversion/kitbash using the AFV Club M35A2 and the Italeri M925. Here is Animal's article on how to do it.

M54 conversion.

It comes out looking great and isn't that hard to do. I did the same for my M54A1/M113 Guntruck King Cobra.

animal
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 07:36 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks like a mini-gun, a gatling gun type weapon

It is the XM 134 7.62 MM mini gun from Legends.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 07:49 PM UTC
Howdy Dave,

Loooooooong time no 'yakkity-yak' pard'

Just thought I'd stop by my old stomping grounds and take a gander around......and as usual there is ANOTHER superb GunTruck up for review by my good pal animal

You are indeed a credit to both Armorama, and to all us veterans out there who enjoy your work in a very special part of our 'hearts and minds'

You just keep'em comin' Dave...thx.

Tread.

P.S. And kudos to you Gino as well......your work on the 'Cobra' is exceptional. But, shouldn't you have you nose nostrils-deep in some 1/35th scale helo project?.......hmm? ;-)
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 08:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

P.S. And kudos to you Gino as well......your work on the 'Cobra' is exceptional. But, shouldn't you have you nose nostrils-deep in some 1/35th scale helo project?.......hmm? ;-)

Gordo, thanks. Good to have you back on Armorama. Yup, been busy on customer builds lately. The helos are still on the back burner. How is the ATC-H coming?
animal
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 10:26 PM UTC
Thanks Gordon and it is good to see you posting again. Been a long time. What have you been up to?
SGT.Busche
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 167 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 12:24 AM UTC
So you got four gunners firing away and one guy with a coal shovel to get rid of all the brass that is filling up the back! He is going to be pretty busy shoveling!!
dqshistorian
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 22 posts
Armorama: 14 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 08:40 PM UTC
Dave,
Brings back those memories of 35 years ago...I remember a similar GT with a mini that accompanied our Dusters and SP arty on a hip-shoot in the Ir Drang valley in mid 1971.

When we had our mad-minute, the tracers from the minigun looked like it was writing letters...something with a F I think.

I am just beginning to appreciate all the work that goes into these things. My early quad 50 model I recently posted was a challenge for my shakey hands and squinty eyes.

Regards,
Paul Kopsick
DQSHistorian
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, May 26, 2006 - 06:49 PM UTC
Howdy fellas

Gino said: "...Gordo, thanks. Good to have you back on Armorama. Yup, been busy on customer builds lately. The helos are still on the back burner. How is the ATC-H coming?..."

Thx for the words of welcome. And as far as being "back on Armorama", I've stopped by from time to time just to keep tabs on all you rougues, but have hesitated to post because of my inability to check back on a regular basis...just too many changes going on right now.
I'm surprised you haven't built the recent, new '53 release already....oops, that's in 1/48th isn't it?
The ATC-H is still sitting in a state of limbo. I did a trmendous amount of work on reconfiguring the hull which came out exceptionally well, only problem is, my old fogey synapses confused the hull lines of the ATC-H boat and the Monitor style boat.......hence, technically speaking, my ATC-H top hull line is too bloody low and not accurate for that boat type. My options have been to switch gears and just build the Monitor version but then I would have wasted ALL that time and energy in building the interior of the cargo bay, OR, figure a way to extend the sides up to where they need to be while still maintaining the details and the front ramp arrangement..........{here's where a smiley banging his head against the wall would be dandy }

Dave said: "...Thanks Gordon and it is good to see you posting again. Been a long time. What have you been up to? ..."

Yep, it's nice to chew the fat with you as well pard' Your GunTruck is looking sweet! But then that's no surprise at all is it? I was also pleasantly surprised to see your excellent Article on the M54 conversion process.....nice.
I always wanted one of you fellas to put together something like that. Before, you had to look at several different places to put it all together...now, Bang! There it is!
Oh, BTW. I just tried your supplied link {at your M54 conversion page} and the link didn't work. Might want to check into that. I for one wanted to see the rest of the pics!

warm regards,

Tread.
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
Armorama: 2,956 posts
Posted: Friday, May 26, 2006 - 07:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Oh, BTW. I just tried your supplied link {at your M54 conversion page} and the link didn't work. Might want to check into that. I for one wanted to see the rest of the pics!

Might have somethin' to do with all the changes goin' on around here.............

Seems to work Now!!!!!!!!!!!!
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, May 26, 2006 - 11:11 PM UTC
Howdy matt

It's nice to talk to you too! And thanks for chiming in on the broken link.....but the link I'm talking about is not the M54 conversion link so kindly provided by our good Gino, but the one that is listed on page 8 of Dave's superb article...I just tried it again {the one on page 8} and it still isn't working for me. It seems to take you to some kind of advertising site or some such.

Tread.
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
Armorama: 1,370 posts
Posted: Friday, May 26, 2006 - 11:48 PM UTC
Yes sir David…your Gun Trucks are always a pleasure to see. Each and every time I seem to pick up something new. I’m really going to enjoy this GT as I’m really fond of the markings. Your scratch build abilities amaze me, especially with the weapons. Looking forward to seeing the finished truck.

Joe

BTW: Hello Gordy
animal
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, May 26, 2006 - 11:59 PM UTC
Thanks guys. Appreciate the kind words. I am just about done with the graphics and I will have some photos to post soon. One more project to finish before June 10. This is the Dio base for the Seay MOH winner. I have all the trucks for it finished and still have to do the figures. After this one I will be taking some time off and just building a few items for myself for the pure Joy of building.
 _GOTOTOP