_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
my historical diorama: I need some help
SkateOrDie
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 747 posts
Armorama: 301 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 - 12:48 AM UTC
OK I want my dio to have an accurate uniformed wehrmachact soldier but I have no reference for their uniforms. my plan is for the dio to be somewhere in france, any help?
All I need to do is make a sidewalk, put some rubble on it, and paint the figure in correct uniform and I'm done.

But I can't post pictures here nor will my mom's digital camera send them to our computer so I can send them to someone to post them so I'll have to figure a way to take pictures and send them to wampum or someone and have that person post the pictures for me.
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 2,412 posts
Armorama: 1,174 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 - 01:18 AM UTC
you might want to precise the year Luke...

Frank
SkateOrDie
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 - 03:32 AM UTC
I have a question was the werhmect at or near normandy?
erichvon
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,694 posts
Armorama: 1,584 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 - 09:46 AM UTC
Hi Luke. There were numerous Wehrmacht divisions fought in Normandy 1944. Are you looking at infantry or Panzer divisions? If its infantry then by 1944 you can go for field grey or camo smocks as the Wehrmacht was using camo by then but not to the extent of the SS. Just smocks. One of the things I always do before I start kits/dios is decide where I want it set then trawl the net for pics whether it be vehicles or figures. I've built up a fairly extensive library over the years which I supplement with the internet. Whereabouts in Normandy are you thinking about setting the dio?
SkateOrDie
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 - 07:11 PM UTC
the problem is I ran out of field grey paint a week ago.
SkateOrDie
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 - 07:20 PM UTC
I don't exactly know what town. I've been looking on the internet to no avail and my reference stuff is unhelpful currently since it's just features from here that I printed off.
Joker
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 813 posts
Armorama: 522 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 - 10:34 AM UTC
Hey Luke,
I think I'd start by doing some research on the Normandy campaign itself and find out where the German army (not Waffen SS troops) where present. Maybe do a word search on D-day and go from there.Maybe try and locate a site that deals with German battle orders and you might be able to start your research there.
Reseach can be tough, but ultimately rewarding, if you haven't already, check out Tony Matellianos Scale Model Index, check out the personal web pages you might get lucky..
Another area you might check out is re-enactoment groups as they are sticklers for the correct details and may have leads/links on uniform sites.
Good luck, how'd your guitar turn out?
Regards
Joker
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 - 04:40 PM UTC
Hi Luke ...you don,t have to worry too much about the exact color for your uniform ...the wear and tear of combat and just plain cleaning made each uniform a bit unique ...here's a good site to start to look at different uniforms and equipement ...

http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Heer/HeerSections.html

Rick
SkateOrDie
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
Posted: Thursday, June 22, 2006 - 10:31 PM UTC
what would the uniform colors be for a normandy area Wehrmacht soldier during the D-Day invasion? trousers specifically.
Joker I'm still workin on it it's got a while to go before finshing.
Hohenstaufen
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,192 posts
Armorama: 1,615 posts
Posted: Friday, June 23, 2006 - 02:12 AM UTC
Hi Luke. I don't know whose figures you're thinking of using in your dio, but if they're Dragon, the box art by Ron Volstad is pretty much on the money. Mr Volstad has illustrated numerous books on the subject, which you would likely come across in your research. DML do several boxes of figures that are specifically Wehrmacht in Normandy, in particular their Panzer Lehr set & the "Battle of the Hedgerows"; using these would save you a lot of angst. They aren't up to the Gen 2 standards, but they're not bad.
If you've got the figures already & they're not DML, try this link:
http://wilk.wkp.p.lodz.pl/~whatfor/galer_mund_index.html
 _GOTOTOP