_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Contests
This group is home to our various contests, promotions and drawings.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Dragon AMoM Silantra
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
KitMaker: 2,511 posts
Armorama: 913 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 12:51 PM UTC
hope this qualify for the AMOM..

Trumpeter KV-1 simplified turret kit built with Lion Roar PE

more pics here

Pilgrim
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 516 posts
Armorama: 417 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 02:05 PM UTC
I like the gentle metalising on exposed edges and the shading on the panels which I think is very subtle and effective.

There looks to be a little silvering of the decals, although it coulf be the photo. Would some decal softening solution help with this?

Definitely worth entering in AMoM though!! Good luck!!

Sean
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 02:23 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I like the gentle metalising on exposed edges and the shading on the panels which I think is very subtle and effective.

There looks to be a little silvering of the decals, although it coulf be the photo. Would some decal softening solution help with this?

Definitely worth entering in AMoM though!! Good luck!!

Sean

thanks for the kind words...
about the decal, at first the decal went OK with setting solution...but when i put on matt coat (Gunzer Super Flat clear), they are started to silver.... i try several method to repair the damage but it still silver...
any way to solve it??
Pilgrim
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 516 posts
Armorama: 417 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 02:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

about the decal, at first the decal went OK with setting solution...but when i put on matt coat (Gunzer Super Flat clear), they are started to silver.... i try several method to repair the damage but it still silver...
any way to solve it??

I'm not familiar with Gunzer super flat clear, but what I would try first is taking a very sharp needle (something like a small gauge hypodermic would be ideal) or the tip of a new scalpel blade to make small holes in the decal, then re-applying (again and again) the decal softener. Now the matt coat's on this might not work too well. It would be interesting to hear what other people suggest.

For future reference, did you apply a gloss coat before you applied the decal? I always do this (silvering is due to small air bubbles under the decal and you get far fewer of these on a smooth, "gloss" surface), pretty much soak the decal in micro-sol and, 24 hours later reapply the gloss (Future / Klear floor polish) before applying washes, matt coats and weathering.

Sean
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 02:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

any way to solve it??

I'm not familiar with Gunzer super flat clear, but what I would try first is taking a very sharp needle (something like a small gauge hypodermic would be ideal) or the tip of a new scalpel blade to make small holes in the decal, then re-applying (again and again) the decal softener. Now the matt coat's on this might not work too well. It would be interesting to hear what other people suggest.

For future reference, did you apply a gloss coat before you applied the decal? I always do this (silvering is due to small air bubbles under the decal and you get far fewer of these on a smooth, "gloss" surface), pretty much soak the decal in micro-sol and, 24 hours later reapply the gloss (Future / Klear floor polish) before applying washes, matt coats and weathering.

Sean

Sean,
for the record, i did applied FUTURE before i do the decals.

This is the photo when the decal is applied over FUTURE and were given the microset/sol treatment....

with the matt coat already applied, i'm afraid there's nothing i can do to eliminate the silvering. Anyway, thanks for your suggestion...i will try your method once i'm free...
thanks

Zaidi
 _GOTOTOP