_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
Osprey: Future Armor Publications..
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Monday, June 05, 2006 - 04:08 PM UTC
Osprey Publishing has updated its website and included in the (advance) lists are a number of books SPECIFICALLY targeted at Armor Modelers. The undoubted highlight is no less than 3 NEW books in the Osprey Modelling series. The full story can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 10,889 posts
Armorama: 3,245 posts
Posted: Monday, June 05, 2006 - 04:24 PM UTC
Thanks for posting Jim.

That Panzer Crew book by Mark Bannerman looks interesting. I'll be interested to see his approach to the subject.

Rudi
sgtsauer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 2,605 posts
Armorama: 1,814 posts
Posted: Monday, June 05, 2006 - 11:14 PM UTC
The book on the Stryker and Modelling the Stug look like must haves.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 06, 2006 - 03:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

That Panzer Crew book by Mark Bannerman looks interesting. I'll be interested to see his approach to the subject.

Same here. When I got into painting figures, it was the articles by Mark Bannerman on ML that helped me a lot. I still use practically the same ground methods. Most of the better known figure painters have changed to acrylics over the last few years .. hopefully he still uses the humbrols and oils!
Im really glad the modelling series has went well for Osprey. I buy these now instead of magazines!
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 06, 2006 - 03:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

That Panzer Crew book by Mark Bannerman looks interesting.
Rudi

That'll be the one I buy. That cover is I think just a mock up using Stefan Müller-Herdemertens figures from Tony Greenland's "Panzer Modelling Masterclass"
I know what you mean Frank, for the price of 2 or 3 magazines i can buy one of these books.
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 2,709 posts
Armorama: 1,818 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 06, 2006 - 04:54 AM UTC
The book on modelling the T-34 is interesting and would be the one closest to my interest.

Im still waiting for the modelling of the challenger edition to hit the shelves here in NZ. Taking quite awhile just to get here for some strange reason. Might resort to getting it on ebay in the end.
 _GOTOTOP