_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Nacht Jager Maus
stugiiif
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,434 posts
Armorama: 868 posts
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2003 - 08:49 PM UTC
here is the finished Nacht Jager Maus superheavy, i did a light dusting with xf64 for weathering, and the searchlight is my first scrathbuilt thingy. hope y'all like it stug that all folks stug
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2003 - 09:12 PM UTC
Stug, nice battle ship scheme, really love it. This baby is beautiful. If only thing, I think this tank looked a bit too factory fresh, maybe you wanna to spray a coat of Buff all over to tune the white down a bit, as well as put some thinned black on the gun muzzles to simulate the gun has been fired.

All in all, nice tank, what you use for the search light?
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
KitMaker: 1,538 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2003 - 09:40 PM UTC
Looks scary this one does! Comes with a red evil eye too! The battleship camo makes the Maus look more like a land battleship.

Great work!
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2003 - 10:01 PM UTC
Fine model Stug. But I agree with SS. A thin overcoat would blend all the colours together a bit better. I think this is what is called a filter. As you have dusted the bottom it is not showroom clean, and that makes the clean white stand out too much. Maybe a very thin grey filter first. And add another to get a more blended effect. It should be easy to spray with an airbrush. Then dust up as normal... heavier at the bottom.
But as has been said athousand times now ......... as long as your happy, thats the important thing. I can only offer my opinion.
Im no expert when it comes to armor and things like that so i can t say whether things are right or wrong, but I do like the way the search light projects. How did you do that? It almost looks as if it could light up!
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2003 - 10:42 PM UTC
Ah, this is the one we chated about the other night. Looks nice. Very nice. The only thing I think is that the white stands out too much. Other then that as I said before. Nice, very nice.

Cliff
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,659 posts
Armorama: 1,512 posts
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2003 - 11:17 PM UTC
nice build, but I will have to agree the white seems to stand out a bit to much.

and that seachlight is way cool..
stugiiif
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 12:14 AM UTC
here the Maus again, thanks for the suggestion. the search light was painted silver on the inside and the lens is clear plastic painted with clear red. hope that helps you plastic battle

ShermanSam
Visit this Community
Drenthe, Netherlands
KitMaker: 136 posts
Armorama: 105 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 12:47 AM UTC
hi there,

maybay you can add some dents and scratshes? , a bit rust will help also.

only an idea.

greets shermansam

octupus
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 411 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 02:00 AM UTC
SteveStug,

Real nice Maus youhae done! Never thought of a ship Camo Tank before! And the search light is something pretty. I am wondering if the Maus has been finished?

Steve Pig #6
stugiiif
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 03:07 AM UTC
Yes, the guys gave a nice round suggestions, i went up and dulled the white with flat earth, and scored the barrel with some black, i'm not touching her again. i'm off to finish my panther d without zimmerrit. i feel she just arrived in time to participate in operation zitadel. boy is that going tick off some people.. thanks guys for the hints stug
jackhammer
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 357 posts
Armorama: 310 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 06:18 AM UTC
This is one lovely little beastie. I will not re-hash all the horrible things these other gentleman have heaped apon your shoulders but will suggest this for your next searchlight.Try mixing in a little tamiya smoke to the red to darken it a little.It may just be me but,it looks too bright.I don't know for sure if it is suppose to be darker but,from all the pics i've seen,it looks like infra-red light lenses are darker.........and stop scratching that ! It will never heal if you keep scratching!
stugiiif
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 11:13 AM UTC
little is far from the truth commandant, she dwarfs my Tiger I late!!!!!!!!!! I'll post a size comparison photot to night so you can see the size difference.stug
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 3,172 posts
Armorama: 2,495 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 03:59 PM UTC
Stevus,that's a very fine looking tank I love that camo paint scheme Blends into the city right?
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 3,179 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 04:19 PM UTC
Really cool kit. Way to take an idea a step further and give us something really unique.
What a fantastic build (must have been nice doing the camo without the need to be 100% correct!!!!)

Keep 'em coming,

NATE
Wisc. USA
stugiiif
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 08:45 PM UTC
Thanks guys for all the support. i think the best part was i could have done pink with purple polkadots, bet y'all are glad I didn't, and noone could of said anything buwhahahahahahahaha!!! stug
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
Armorama: 2,070 posts
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2003 - 12:41 AM UTC
re: Maus next to Tiger..Yeah, they're huge!
I saw a guy at AMPS 01 who did his MAUS as a 1/72 mobile fortress.
He mounted 1/72 Hasegawa AA weapons , gantries, ladders , stairs, and painted the side to look like an entire village! He had a whole story to go with it. It was hilarious!!

What about a Maus and Panther Mistel combination..? -grin-

But umm rust??? I suppose it could have lasted long enough to rust..
Love the funky ship cammo..

I've got a mostly finished E-100 w IR scopes, no huge light though, and the yellow spots over dark green "lepoard cammo"

Pics eventually...

Mike
avukich
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 760 posts
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2003 - 01:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I saw a guy at AMPS 01 who did his MAUS as a 1/72 mobile fortress.
He mounted 1/72 Hasegawa AA weapons , gantries, ladders , stairs, and painted the side to look like an entire village! He had a whole story to go with it. It was hilarious!!

That guy is Jim Ellerd. He is in my armor club. That thing is pretty wild huh?! Like Mike said, he has a 1/72 Hasegawa 20mm Flak gun mounted on the top, gantries, ladders, stairs, a large compliment of 1/72 soldiers and he used a photo of a German town and printed out and attached it to the sides to make the side look just like a town so that it would blend in in an urban environment.
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
Armorama: 2,070 posts
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2003 - 03:02 AM UTC
Adam,
He's not the guy who did the "Hero of the Soviet Union" submarine model as a submarine sandwich , sliced down the middle with the plastic food slices hanging out the sides too was he?
If so, that's a guy I HAVE to meet!

Mike
avukich
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 760 posts
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2003 - 03:04 AM UTC
If he is I haven't seen that model. He is a pretty wild guy though. He did mostly M3 Grant and M3 Lees for the longest time and then he started doing 1/72 stuff for a while. Now he just flips around doing whatever looks interesting at the time. Nice guy.
 _GOTOTOP