_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
New Figures from DML
tutdiesel
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 251 posts
Armorama: 187 posts
Posted: Friday, June 23, 2006 - 01:33 AM UTC
Hey everyone.....I was wondering if anyone is speculating any new figure announcements from Dragon at their Expo this weekend. By new figures I mean ones we haven't seen in their catalogue. Taking it a step further, what are some requests you'd love to see?
Cookie
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 588 posts
Armorama: 490 posts
Posted: Friday, June 23, 2006 - 02:24 AM UTC
Modern OIF 2 Gen would be fantastic.
Wolfe
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 173 posts
Armorama: 95 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 24, 2006 - 02:14 AM UTC
I second that, after seeing the new releases from Blast Models new Gen 2 American sets would be great!
Hohenstaufen
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,192 posts
Armorama: 1,615 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 24, 2006 - 03:33 AM UTC
Gen 2 SS gun crew for the AFV Club 105mm's (anythings possible & they ARE German!).
Most unlikely - Gen 2 British 8th Army!!!
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 24, 2006 - 03:44 AM UTC
Late war Soviet Infantry is my guess.
Trisaw
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 24, 2006 - 07:44 AM UTC
DML still remains the Gold-standard for plastic figures...and cheap ones too. In all actuality, no other plastic maker comes close.

I just hope DML knows this and doesn't confine themselves just to WW2 figures. Why, I've seen some awesomely-painted DML figures so I believe if DML makes it, modelers will appreciate it.

It's high-time DML makes some modern figures is all I can say.
erichvon
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,694 posts
Armorama: 1,584 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 24, 2006 - 02:21 PM UTC
A set of WW2 British tank crew wouldn't go amiss as I'm fed up of having to spend an arm and a leg on resin ones! There's at least 5 German tank crews by DML I can think of! It would appear that the Allies didn't have tanks seeing as they discontinued the US one! The Commonwealth obviously didn't have any tanks.Be nice to see another set of British Infantry as well as there's a limit to how many poses you can get out of the same set. On from that...how about sets of British/ German/ Australians/ Scots for WW1. We can get the tanks but once again not the figures! I know ICM do a box of British and Germans but they're not that great. Be nice to see Dragon do something different instead of churning out more WW2 German stuff. Don't get me wrong, Dragon are superb figures but it is a tad annoying seeing how the whole market is aimed at people who buy German models/ figures. Tamiya has always been guilty of this and now it would appear Dragon are going down the same lines. Support weapons...Dragon eventually released a box of US crew served weapons which I snapped up before Dragon tried to delete them.Not as yet but who knows? Why no British Vickers crew or a 3 inch mortar and crew? I'm moaning again about the lack of British figures but at the end of the day they are Commonwealth figures as there's no major difference in the uniform so can be British/ Canadian/Australian etc etc. It just really annoys me.
I would like to see in summary....WW1 troops from all siginificant combatants. British tank crews and more British Infantry. British crew served weapons. Non specific US infantry (the 2nd Armrd Div box was a definite non starter). Will they listen? I think not. Next year we'll probably get another 3 Panzer crews and more wandering about Germans!
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 4,002 posts
Armorama: 2,947 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 24, 2006 - 02:51 PM UTC
Ditto Karl...
And if not, more wounded/surrendered German infantry and tank crews... Make my Shermans feel better in a dio setting... I mean, the Allies won, yeah?
tutdiesel
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 251 posts
Armorama: 187 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 24, 2006 - 02:59 PM UTC
Going along with the tank crew suggestion, I would love to see some tank destroyer crews "In Action", i.e. the commander pointing out towards an oncoming target with another holding off infantry on the 50. Sure it might be a bit too Hollywood but could still make for an interesting diorama.
Furethermore seeing a 57mm Gun Crew of paratroopers (US) in action would also be great. I will also second the request for Modern Infantry (OIF would be great but I loved how DML had included in their old product line British, French and Soviet troops).
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 2,832 posts
Armorama: 1,500 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 24, 2006 - 04:29 PM UTC
Would LOVE to see some modern themed Gen 2's, Vietnam, Desert Shield/Storm, OIF, that sorta stuff.
Cheers
cheyenne
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,185 posts
Armorama: 1,813 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 24, 2006 - 04:38 PM UTC
Early WWII U.S. Army, with leggings and tin helmuts and with the standard issue Springfields. To accompany that, mounted early U.S. and Philippine
Scout cavalry.
Early Marine Wake Island and Guadalcanal guys with Springfields and Thompsons with round drum feed, and leggings.
The weapons sprues could also have Gen, 2 type 30cal. & 50cal. water cooled machine guns [ highly detailed ].
Now that I'm on a wish list roll, how about Army Air Corps, Marine, Navy and Philippine, guerrillas.
All of the above to be accompanied by early war Japanese troops.
Cheyenne
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 24, 2006 - 04:58 PM UTC
I think new figure releases are indicated by the AFV kits on the market. Much as I understand (and like) Cheyenne's suggestions, they DON'T fit in with anything they have in production or within their future plans.

Therefore, particularly in view of the M1 release, Modern U.S. figures SHOULD be indicated.With the M4a2, hopefully USMC Heavy weapon teams or another USMC infantry set..

The biggest gap at the moment, are crews for their Flak Guns - late war, Luftwaffe and Army crews are ALL desperately needed.

The release (later this year) of the Sherman III will hopefully, at the the very least, get us a revised British Infantry set under the 'Premium Edition' banner or, if we're really fortunate, Gen 2...
AndyD
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 672 posts
Armorama: 282 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 24, 2006 - 06:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The release (later this year) of the Sherman III will hopefully, at the the very least, get us a revised British Infantry set under the 'Premium Edition' banner or, if we're really fortunate, Gen 2...

Come'on Jim what else do you know? Out with it!!

I'm with David - would love to see a number of Vietnam Gen2 boxes - US, VC, NVA and of course about 10 different boxes of Aussies
cheyenne
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,185 posts
Armorama: 1,813 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 24, 2006 - 10:03 PM UTC
Come on Jim it's my dream and my glass of wine, l.o.l.
Cheyenne
Pak_40
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 392 posts
Armorama: 281 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 24, 2006 - 10:12 PM UTC
Hi,
I would like to see Italians(Bersaglieri, Parachudisti and Infantry), Hungarians, Rumanians, Bulgarians and Finns.
I normally do Germans and Russians, but Eastern Front Axis troops would be fun and different.

Chris
erichvon
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,694 posts
Armorama: 1,584 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 08:20 AM UTC
[quote]Going along with the tank crew suggestion, I would love to see some tank destroyer crews "In Action", i.e. the commander pointing out towards an oncoming target with another holding off infantry on the 50. Sure it might be a bit too Hollywood but could still make for an interesting diorama.
Audie Murphy winning his CMOH would be possible with that. That would be outstanding!
anti-hero
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 420 posts
Armorama: 307 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 09:40 AM UTC
Yeah Chris, I'd like to see some Eastern Front Axis as well. Especially late war Hungarians. Budapest on my Mind.

Cheers, BillK.
aaronpegram
Visit this Community
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
KitMaker: 137 posts
Armorama: 53 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 01:30 PM UTC
Vietnam chopper crew. Scarce as hen's teeth. Would be spectacular if they were re-released.

Then again, some Australian Vietnam figures would be pretty good also...or some French paratroopers at Dien Bien Phu....

Just some ideas

A.
squeakyclean
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 265 posts
Armorama: 188 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 03:38 PM UTC
NEW AND UPDATED BRITISH AIRBORNE!

Thanks
Kinggeorges
Visit this Community
Barcelona, Spain / España
KitMaker: 1,380 posts
Armorama: 845 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 04:50 PM UTC
Aaron, really like your idea of French Indochine war !
But don't dream !
More reallistically, they could release early war French infantry to accompagny the B1 bis. It would be smart of their part because the figs could be easily converted to Belgian, deutch soldiers of the early and could go with germania regiment and paratroopers. Finally, there is not french soldiers early war on the market except blast and some heller/Deskit.
I would like also to see Italians paratroopers, alpineri and very very much North African or Free french troops.
Julien
harrier1
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 613 posts
Armorama: 484 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 05:07 PM UTC
Would love to see some gen 2 op telic british figures (pretty sure its not happenin though ) Some gen 2 ww2 us paras would be good aswell. Nick
Bigskip
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,487 posts
Armorama: 357 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 05:53 PM UTC
Gen 2 Vietnam troopers would be great!
Havoc
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 893 posts
Armorama: 682 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 06, 2006 - 02:19 AM UTC
I am hoping that given the pending M4A2 release, that we might see some new Japanese infantry and additional Marines...

I would also love to see any Vietnam War figures with the Gen 2 detail!! I
Great ideas on the Aussie Vietnam infantrymen and French Indochine infantry/airborne soldiers, guys! Those would be awesome, too!

I don't want to seem biased or start anything, but I have to admit to being disappointed that most of Dragon's new figure releases seem to be WWII German figures --- not that there's anything wrong with that, but I personally would love to see a little more variety. Either way, keep the new stuff coming, boys

Much Aloha,

Johnny B.

aaronpegram
Visit this Community
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
KitMaker: 137 posts
Armorama: 53 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 06, 2006 - 05:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I don't want to seem biased or start anything, but I have to admit to being disappointed that most of Dragon's new figure releases seem to be WWII German figures

There were other countries involved in WWII?

A.
nikon1
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 622 posts
Armorama: 605 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 06, 2006 - 06:09 AM UTC
I would love to see Dragon release their 1/35 figures in 1/72nd especially all 17 sets of modern figures
Ch
 _GOTOTOP