Carentan update block is gone...
Minuteman
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 261 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 02, 2006 - 10:09 PM UTC
Paul,

Although not as familiar with the proper terminology of window dressing as Kevin, I am impressed. I would agree with “heaviness” of the lace portions however. with the furnishings it may not be apparent. Other than that looking quite impressive.

Jay
nato308
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 884 posts
Armorama: 609 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 02, 2006 - 10:35 PM UTC
Claude, the "white thing" is lace used as a sheer curtain. I have found some that is better suited for the scale. In the mean time I will go ahead with what is already there. I'm confident that the furniture will lessen the heavieness of the curtains. The furniture will be the show case to this room. What is there now is a permant fixture. there would be no way to remove it safely at this point. I appreciate all the comments though it really helps. There will be a lot more surprises to come in the future! Expect great things ahead! So far I am really pleased with how things are progressing.
BigJon
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 757 posts
Armorama: 609 posts
Posted: Monday, July 03, 2006 - 12:04 AM UTC
Paul, as I mentioned earlier mate other than a bit more "weight" to be added with their positioning those look fantastic. Sure the lace is a bit heavy guage for the scale, but come on....what you gonna use in it's place?? Photoetched net curtains? :-)

fantastic work as always, and with the furniture in place mate you're onto a real little "eye trap" for the detail fans to get stuck on while the battle rages outside.

_GOTOTOP