Hosted by Darren Baker
Carentan update block is gone...
nato308
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 884 posts
Armorama: 609 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 02:12 AM UTC
Here is a quick update, I got to model almost all weekend! The first photo is the lower level of the building I had the "block" with. It shows the added interior walls and paint. The furniture,washing machine, and laundry details still have to be added. The debris pile is ready to go after I have the rest of the furniture in place otherwise I will not be able to produce the correct smoke stain patterns on the walls... Windows have also been added....

The above shot with the bed...

The next two photos show close ups of the windows, they still need to be detailed up with hinges and closers.

The Cafe de Normandy has now been updated with wallpaper, and wood work.

Tell me what you think...
MonkeyGun
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 943 posts
Armorama: 825 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 02:26 AM UTC
Great work Paul

Theres some great touches, I like the wooden slats showing through the interior wall and the shattered glass in the windows oh and the rug on the floor looks fantastic

BTW what did you use for the glass ?

Im looking forward to more progress pics

Ian
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 04:12 AM UTC
Busy busy. Nice update. I really like two brick thickness wall. The windows are really nice too.

One thing I'm not sure of is the bed, it looks to be to 'undisturbed' for being so close to the imact zone.
cheyenne
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,185 posts
Armorama: 1,813 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 05:27 AM UTC
Nicely done, Paul you should have " modeling block " more often, you've solved your own problem with aces.
This is really becoming quite a great build, is that one of those Turkish, real material woven rugs, of Jackhammer fame ?
I'm looking at the bed that Slodder commented on and can't make out its situation, I can see his question on the bed, but is it hanging over the damaged floor ?
Anyway, everything is probably set up for effect and you still have some to go.
I can't wait to see the laundry, and don't forget alot of dust and such.
Nice work - Cheyenne

Oops, forgot the building exterior work, brick, stone window etc. is really 1st rate also, excellent detail.
nato308
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
Posted: Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 05:37 AM UTC
Ian, I work in the printing industry it is .004 thick mylar, it is what we use mount slides and negitives to scan them. Super thin stuff, perfect for 1/35th glass!

Scott you probably can't see from the photo but the bed has indeed been burned. I am working on the mattress, and bedding before I am done it will indeed reflect the damage. My theory is to create everything perfect then go back and destroy it.

I also forgot to mention all the rugs, and wallpaper I have use this far, are all printables I have created.
roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
KitMaker: 2,406 posts
Armorama: 2,224 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 10:23 AM UTC
Hi Paul,

Great to see you back in the game ! :-)

It's incredible what a great additionnal possibilities were created just by adding this supplementar wall.
You have now a complete different floor plan at hand to play with.
Your close ups from the windows and stones look very good. Ah, close ups, moments of truth !

When i read your remark, i must remind myself not to forget the details on the windows.

Cheers

Claude

BigJon
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 757 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 02:56 PM UTC
great!!!

I knew the modellers block wouldnt last long, but I didn't expect you to get so busy so soon !

The windows and glass are a nice touch, I expected those much later in the build for some reason.

I think the bit I'm most looking forward to seeing is the mattress....we discussed this many months ago and never reached a solid conclusion, have you continued to work on the issues ??
nato308
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
Posted: Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 03:02 PM UTC
For my brass bed I did. This one will be partially destroyed so I am having to think on it a bit. I have some ideas, but haven't put them through the test yet....
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 08:12 PM UTC
Hi Paul,

Nice work, starting to come together now. Comments as above, shattered windows look great and I like the outsides of the buildings.

Great stuff. The bed hanging through the floor might look pretty cool and the extra wall brings the other room together much better.

Cheers

Al
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Monday, June 26, 2006 - 01:18 AM UTC
Paul, glad to see the block is gone! Again you are turning out some fantastic work. I can't wait to see it in person. Cheers Kevin
WingTzun
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 853 posts
Armorama: 515 posts
Posted: Monday, June 26, 2006 - 01:48 AM UTC
Hey Paul, Can you bottle some of that block and send it my way?
C'est Mangnifique!
nato308
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
Posted: Monday, June 26, 2006 - 02:33 PM UTC
Thanks for the replies, I'm getting my furniture in order and getting ready to prime more figures and the resin furniture. Oh boy more figures! I think I need Costas' help! Hopefully a new update soon! Bottled "block" is extrta $$$$$....
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 4,002 posts
Armorama: 2,947 posts
Posted: Monday, June 26, 2006 - 06:36 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Bottled "block" is extrta $$$$$....

Yep, but it feels so good to uncork it! :-)
That all looks tanfastic Paul, and I can vouch for your printables; they're doozies!
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 2,220 posts
Armorama: 1,707 posts
Posted: Monday, June 26, 2006 - 07:37 PM UTC
Glad to hear the block is gone! Super progress - I really like the windows!
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,218 posts
Armorama: 1,050 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 02:00 AM UTC
Superb Job mate, really excellent!
Dee
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 118 posts
Armorama: 72 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 09:17 AM UTC
I'd like to see a close up of the shop sign with bullet holes...nice work!
Prato
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 1,002 posts
Armorama: 720 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 12:51 PM UTC
Fantastic! Great job! ! Keep up the good work! I can't wait to see it finished! It looks very realistic! Congratulations!
Cheers and happy modelling!
Prato
nato308
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 02:26 PM UTC
Thank you, haven't had a chance to get much done this week, we have been short staffed at work. Ton's of overtime! Wish me luck and maybe my company won't come this weekend either! LOL's.....
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 08:19 PM UTC
Looks really good Paul.
I know the feeling of short staffed, one out injuried, one on vacation, and there's only 5 of us to run 24/7, then you always have the guy that works the double, and calls out sick the next day.
WingTzun
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 853 posts
Armorama: 515 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 08:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I know the feeling of short staffed, one out injuried, one on vacation, and there's only 5 of us to run 24/7, then you always have the guy that works the double, and calls out sick the next day.

Ditto here. We're short 3 people. Had 3 ready to start next week but one turn down the offer. That leaves a hole for 10 weeks before the next acadamy class and the 2 that do start don't effect manpower for at least 6 months. Yep, we run like a well oiled machine.....
Paul, I'll keep my fingers crossed your company decides to reschedule.... :-)
nato308
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
Posted: Sunday, July 02, 2006 - 06:07 PM UTC
Another small update... My lovely wife has gotten into the fray... So between the two of us, and a trip to the fabric store this is part of what we came up with. Tell me what you think? Too much over the top? They still need to be adjusted a bit, to give it a feel of heaviness, but should work out just fine...

The boys down at the LHS seem to think I have gone a bit soft! LOL's
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 02, 2006 - 06:46 PM UTC
Nice update. The interior works well together. The lace is a bit 'heavy' IMHO, but can't offer a suggestion for smaller items. I think as you add furntiure etc. it will lessen the size.
nato308
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
Posted: Sunday, July 02, 2006 - 08:21 PM UTC
Maybe a bit big... But there are few options to be had.... I think the furniture will deminish anything that may seem to be overwhelming...
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 02, 2006 - 08:27 PM UTC
WOW even balloon valances Err should I know that? Its looking real good so far, I have to agree with Slodder on the lace though, if you dont like it after the furniture goes in you might try the Hudson and Allen lace curtains for the sheers. Sheesh to much curtain talk for me. Cheers Kevin
roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
KitMaker: 2,406 posts
Armorama: 2,224 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 02, 2006 - 09:17 PM UTC
Hi Paul,

i think it looks good. Ok, i do not want to live in there , decoration wise it's a bit on the heavy side overall, but i think people were proud to have the latest fashion coulours for wallpapers and did not care so much about colour mixes.
Anyway , what is a lace ??, the white thing ?

Cheers

Claude
 _GOTOTOP