_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
M26E4 Question
M4A1-M4A3
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 78 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 07:19 AM UTC
First off THANKS guntruck for the input on those 105 photos, and Thanks to you a others for prying my nose away from Shermans, to look at other U.S. armor, caught the fever again.
I have not received my reference material on Pershing's yet, but I need to ask a couple of questions. When they talk about the counter weight on the back of the turret, was this a new turret design, or did they just weld/bolt weight on the back? I am also going to build this with all hatches open, even the pistol port, if anyone out there, has done a conversion for the Tamiya and has an extra pistol port hatch please let me know, need an extra. Last question, I am planning on turning my own barrel, does anyone know of a site that has the length, so forth,of the barrel so I can convert this to 1/35, want to get a jump on this.
Thanks for the input, and sorry it is long.
sgtsauer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 2,605 posts
Armorama: 1,814 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 04:30 PM UTC
The counter weight was added to the standard turret.
stugiiif
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,434 posts
Armorama: 868 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 05:21 PM UTC
depends on which one, the pershing test vehicle had the counter balance welded to the turret, but tamiya's turret is correct for a standard combat vehicle at the end of '45. now i have a lot of left over stuff about to be trashed from converting the tamiya kit to the "Super" Pershing test vehicle so send me list add i'll see what's left, i have most of the turret parts intact, the only thing missing is the lower turret half which got canibalized to rack a retaining ring for AA's new turret. my e-mail is [email protected] good hunting stug
 _GOTOTOP