Hosted by Darren Baker
Input again, Bradley 3rd ID stowage racks
garyj36
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 163 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 02, 2006 - 07:00 AM UTC
Again, Ive sold enough of these to justify the tooling. But its not the seller I'd hoped. I'll stand by the symetry of the parts and Im proud of the engineering. My research indicated that the reall baskets were made of channel iron with the open side facing in. So whats the deal? I'm currently getting four bucks per side. The only thing I can figure is it kind of kills the profile of a bradley. Any opinions?

troubble27
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 783 posts
Armorama: 637 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 02, 2006 - 10:03 AM UTC
Gar, these look good like all your work. Perhaps theyre not selling so well because not many people are building many Bradlies at the moment. Either that or perhaps, people havent found them on Ebay. $4 is a steal. I payed almost 25 for my Verlinden Stowage kit with just one of these in it in photo etch. Maybe you need to cast up some bags and gear and throw them in to make it more sellable? Just a thought.

Gary

PS - road block review coming soon, I promise. I got sidetracked on the humvee campaign, and then the wife gave me the "honeydo" list LOL I have one more to finish, and then I'll get my butt to writing!
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Monday, July 03, 2006 - 12:34 AM UTC
Gary, how you doing?
They look great.
Unfortunately I rarely do modern stuff.
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
Armorama: 1,864 posts
Posted: Monday, July 03, 2006 - 01:00 AM UTC
Have you thought about trying to get your product into other online stores. Ebay is a pretty big source, and unless you are looking there specifically, you probably wouldn't find them. What about expanding to other vendors?

Jeff
garyj36
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 163 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, July 03, 2006 - 01:59 AM UTC
As far as wider distribution, I "should" be falling back to word of mouth only in a couple months. I'll be going to class full load then and wont have much time. The armor community was good enough to buy the algebra book I walked into a summer course with this morning btw. But mostly it looks like popularity of subject is the biggest factor on these.
 _GOTOTOP