_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
M3 'Honey" under progres
Ronald_Kok
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 484 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 02:39 AM UTC
Hi,

This mine Honey OOTB after painting, just thinking of a third color grey ore something like that.

What do you think? any comment is welcome.

FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 02:49 AM UTC
Looking good Ronald

about the third colour (and I don`t know much about the honey) I`ve only see pictures of three coloured honeys but as I don`t have much experience with the honey I don`t know if it`s of some value

Anyway good job so far congrats

thewrongguy
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 448 posts
Armorama: 306 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 03:16 AM UTC
Looks good, did you have trouble getting the camo lines straight? I used some cheap paint and regreted it. I've seen some oneys that have a 3rd light grey colour in their scheme, but yours is looking good so far so why temp things?
Jeff
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 06:08 AM UTC
I love the camo sceme and while I like it as it is a third colour would really set it off. What I am curious about though is that other model beside the Stuart.

Cliff
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 06:37 AM UTC
Hi Ronald ..The third color should be a very dark green on the top of the turret...Looks great so far....How many kits do you have going at once????? :-)

Richard
Ronald_Kok
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 09:39 AM UTC
Hi,

Thanks for the positif comments and
Jef I used Tamiya paints and there masking tape.

Cliff that other model is a VT-34 ARV hmmm again a Recovery vehicle, I get the idea that I must recover the whole modelworld

Richard youre right about the green color at the top of the turret, problem solved
moville
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 54 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 10:21 AM UTC
Nice work! I was wondering how you're planning to paint the tires? If you're airbrushing, how will you mask that? I always think of painting the tires as a real drag...almost like airplane canopies.

Ronald_Kok
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 10:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice work! I was wondering how you're planning to paint the tires? If you're airbrushing, how will you mask that? I always think of painting the tires as a real drag...almost like airplane canopies.

HI Moville I paint the tracks with mine steady hand before I get drinking Beer
Ronald_Kok
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 10:59 AM UTC
Sorry the tyres and not the tracks
Selrach
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 466 posts
Armorama: 378 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 01:28 PM UTC
I love how clean that line between colors looks. You said you used tamiya masking tape?

Looks nice :-)
BornToDig
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 345 posts
Armorama: 311 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 07:38 PM UTC
ahh, my favorite tank. That looks great. I've seen honeys with and without a medium grey section running from front to rear at an angle bisecting the hull; Missing Lynx or Track links or maybe it was hyperscale (one of those sites not as cool as armorama) has some pics in their gallery. But yours looks great as is. What color did you use for the yellow?

Ralph
Ronald_Kok
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 09:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

ahh, my favorite tank. That looks great. I've seen honeys with and without a medium grey section running from front to rear at an angle bisecting the hull; Missing Lynx or Track links or maybe it was hyperscale (one of those sites not as cool as armorama) has some pics in their gallery. But yours looks great as is. What color did you use for the yellow?

Ralph

Hi Ralph, thnks for the comment.
For the yellow I used Dark yellow mixed with Flesh to lighten it those are both Tamiya colors.

modelnut4
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 117 posts
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2003 - 06:02 PM UTC
Hey Great Paint, you could shave with the line between the colors. From the refences I have It was supposed to be the same green drab that the tanks were painted with under US Army uses. There was also some of the same color showing on the hull sides level with the bogey housings and front and rear one eighth of the way up from the bottom. I have also seen color plates in some English publications that I found at a second hand book store that shows a third color grey, one being described as a slate grey and the other a sea gray. Now, if that doesn't get you, how come one is ey and the other is ay? The article goes on to say that one group were painted with three colors to help in identification in action while the other had two painted on colors and one original one.
Also, the codes on the sides of the tank would be the original US Army code in white or light blue on an olive drab green back ground. The British Motorpool guys just put a piece of tape over the original codes and when done offered yet another color for us modelers to contend with. You definitely have an excelllent paint job to start with on your project,. I just hope the two I'm working on look that good at that stage. Give up some more pictures for us to eyeball.

Thanks for listening
Jay
Ronald_Kok
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2003 - 08:53 PM UTC
Hi Jay,

Thnx for this info it`s verry intresting stuf about the colors and there purpose.
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 12:31 AM UTC
Great job. How did you mix to get the blue? You must have the stadiest hands west of the Pecos River. One very nice masking job.
Ronald_Kok
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 02:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Great job. How did you mix to get the blue? You must have the stadiest hands west of the Pecos River. One very nice masking job.

I mixed Tamiya mid bleu with flesh. DJ
BornToDig
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 345 posts
Armorama: 311 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 05:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey Great Paint, you could shave with the line between the colors. From the refences I have It was supposed to be the same green drab that the tanks were painted with under US Army uses.

What do you mean by "shave" the line?

also, Ronald, I don't know what you plan on doing as far as finishing touches, but I've read about Honey commanders in N.Africa putting the oddest things on their tanks. One carried the frame of a brass bed on his for the durration of the whole campaign. I have no photo references for any of this, but that would shure look different in your display case

Ralph
Ronald_Kok
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 07:46 AM UTC
Hi Ralph,

Look nice a brass bed on the Honey But I have really no idea what to with this vehicle when its ready.
For me is this vehicle a break between two big projects #:-)
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2003 - 02:25 PM UTC
Ron---that is one beautiful job. Well done.
 _GOTOTOP