_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
M3A1 Stuart
PLMP110
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 1,318 posts
Armorama: 837 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 03:54 AM UTC
Here is my first attempt at an Allied vehicle with any type interior. I have several places I need to touch up, I just wanted to get some input.

Hopefully, I will have the exterior painted and have photos to post soon.

Patrick
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,659 posts
Armorama: 1,512 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 05:17 AM UTC
looks good so far.. I like the dirt effect on the floor where the crews put their feet. adds a bit of realism to the model I think.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 05:40 AM UTC
Nice job for your first go round. I too noticed the dirt and have a question. From the picture I can't tell if its a 'dirt' color to show dirt or if its drybrushed metalic color to wear.
Personally I would do both. I would drybrush a metalic color to show wear and then layer on a dirt color either with pastels or drybrushing (or even with tinted putty if it's really muddy).

Nice work.
PLMP110
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 10:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I can't tell if its a 'dirt' color to show dirt or if its drybrushed metalic color to wear.

I drybrushed those places with a gunmetal color, then put a burnt umber wash where dirt was tracked in. I find that good photos are hard to come by around my house.

Patrick
lifestyle
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 340 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 04:35 PM UTC
Looks nIce but i would drybrush the seats with some dark earth to give the more realistic look of worn leather.
Ps How nice of a build was it
BornToDig
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 345 posts
Armorama: 311 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 07:30 PM UTC
Wow! My Acadamey Stewart is at the same stage and our interiors look almost identical. The one thing I did different was to paint the seats dark green and washed with browns DB with earth on the parts where the occupants would exert the most pressure (the parts where the butt goes and where the shoulders go) then gave them a semi-gloss finish. They look more like worn out leather.

Keep up the good work. BTW which version are you building?

Ralph
Oberst
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 851 posts
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2003 - 02:13 AM UTC
Looks good. I am going to be doing an interior for an M3 "Honey" soon so this gets me thinking. Regarding Brandons comment about the seats, were they not vinyl? In this case, you should drybrush in a medium grey colour, I have done this before and it works quite well. Keep it up,
Andrew

lifestyle
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 340 posts
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2003 - 03:22 PM UTC
Andrew from the research i did they seem to be leather correct me someone if i am wrong.
modelnut4
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 117 posts
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2003 - 05:28 PM UTC
Hi, looks like you're cooking on all four so far, to me. Right now I have a Tamiya M3 and the new Academy kit going together side by side so I can use one to help the other along. I'm doing my best to avoid buying any photo-etch sets, just to use bits of brass sheet cut to size and application. So far my biggest problem has been the turrets. One really excellent kit one and one that I'm fiddling together using whatever comes to hand and/or mind. I'm not going to hash over the Tamiya offering, I've used too many of them over the years to make up just about every variant from the M1 Combat Car on up to the last of the M-3 types. The hardest ones were the all riveted models, I about went blind and nuts counting shadows on grainy old photos scanned in and blown up on a 15" monitor or an overhead projector on a bedsheet. I wonder if that's what they mean by attention to detail? Plastiholic, yup, sounds right to me. If I can help, let me know.
Jay
BornToDig
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 345 posts
Armorama: 311 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 05:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ps How nice of a build was it

Lifestyle- this kit is a real pleasure to build except for those damned 3 piece indi tracks. Academy gives you a vinil track too though

Ralph
PLMP110
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 05:38 PM UTC

Quoted Text

which version are you building?

I am building the Lend Lease version. I think that red star is gonna look cool on that little hull. This kit has been a really good build. I have had no problems and the kit goes together very well. I am not going to use the individual track links. I tried to put a few together and it's just not going to happen.

Patrick
 _GOTOTOP