_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Historex discussion group
Removed by original poster on 09/04/06 - 02:46:15 (GMT).
Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,924 posts
Armorama: 3,679 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 11:59 PM UTC
Er............. I'd argue with there being no other site for that. What about Historicus Forma?

Vinnie
Removed by original poster on 09/04/06 - 02:46:29 (GMT).
Savage
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,405 posts
Armorama: 656 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 01:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

There is nothing at HF dealing exclusively with Historex. It is more a site for figure kit painters, I think.

So why not change that?

Robert, nice forum you have started! I agree about the competition, there is plenty of room on the Internet.

Historex miniaturists have a rather unique skill set whereby they enhance kits, some of which are pretty old and by today’s standards basic (the few Historex kits I have probably pre-date me). Those skill sets can be used to enhance other plastic figure kits, I have used a few basic skills I picked up from Historex miniaturists to enhance some old 1/35 ESCI WW2 kits.

Why not speak to Rudi and see if you can’t get your own forum hosted naturally by yourself. I’m sure it’ll be of Mutual benefit.

I don’t know about other folks, but I for one would hate to see an opportunity missed where you could be persuaded to help enhance HF.

Whatever your decision, Best of Luck with the Forum! I’ll definitely drop in from time to time.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 01:51 AM UTC
Robert,
Good luck with your group.

Personally I find mailing lists like rec.models.scale to be the dinosaurs of the Internet, but to each his own.

I think it's a bit of a stretch for you to say that Historex builders have "kind of a different set of skills" when Marcus is about to start a SCRATCH figure building tutorial on Historicus Forma. I guess you are right. That is a skill set even higher than doing mods. :-)

Cheers,
Jim
Removed by original poster on 09/04/06 - 02:46:43 (GMT).
Removed by original poster on 09/04/06 - 02:46:59 (GMT).
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 02:48 AM UTC
Glad you got your shirt.

Jim
Removed by original poster on 07/13/06 - 09:33:40 (GMT).
spooky6
Visit this Community
Sri Lanka
KitMaker: 2,174 posts
Armorama: 582 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 02:14 PM UTC
Not sure I even understand the argument here. How is Historex fig building different from someone who modifies or totally changes a Tamiya kit? There are conversions out there (and on HF) which bear no resemblance to the original fig kit. Also, I don't think you can really say that painting is the main part of fig modelling. Maybe it is with resin which has fewer parts, but not with injection. And lots of fig modellers modify, sculpt, and scratch the original kit just so that it looks different from others.
Removed by original poster on 07/14/06 - 02:24:33 (GMT).
 _GOTOTOP