_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
panzer grenadiers camouflage need help!!!
destroyer
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 06:24 PM UTC
i am a new modeller to the forum and are at the moment building 1/48 panzer grenadiers but i am unsure on how to actually paint the camo anytips on how to paint them would be gratefull or any walkthroughs that you have.. thank you
spooky6
Visit this Community
Sri Lanka
KitMaker: 2,174 posts
Armorama: 582 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 07:43 PM UTC
Hi, Anthony. First off, do you have a particular pattern in mind? There are several cam patterns you can use (depending on whether you're depicting SS or Heer figs). If you haven't decided yet, have a look here and you might get some ideas. Also, go have a look at the members gallery here in Armorama or on Historicus Forma.

If you tell us what track those figs are going on, or which part of WW2 you're trying to depict, someone could make a suggestion.
destroyer
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 08:10 PM UTC
im just depicting the panzer grenadiers in normandy.

the nco on berlin 1945 (against the wall with the mp44) is the kinda camo scheme id like but am trying to make my grenadiers as real to france as they were normandy time. if you get what i mean?? any help is apreciated
spooky6
Visit this Community
Sri Lanka
KitMaker: 2,174 posts
Armorama: 582 posts
Posted: Friday, July 21, 2006 - 01:04 AM UTC
OK, he's wearing Eichenlaubmuster (Oak) pattern smock & helmet cover, and Italian cam trousers. This is SS uniform, so if your figs are going to be that, cool. Heer would have different patterns. Here's a how-to:

Eichenlaubmuster

Here are some examples of the real thing. The Waffen SS stuff's towards the bottom.
destroyer
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, July 21, 2006 - 09:55 PM UTC
thank you for that help i am sure with that walkthrough i will be able to create very good looking panzer grenadiers i will post pictures as soon as my squad is done.. better get painting
jlmurc
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,267 posts
Armorama: 969 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 05:47 AM UTC
Hi welcome to the site, I am sure that you will make many friends here.
This website has lots of pictures of different camoflage designs used by the German military in WW2, they are replica items made for the re-enactment societies but the pictures are very helpful in getting the designs and colours.
If you decide later to paint many more SS uniforms Clavin Tans book 'Modelling Waffen SS Figures' found on Amazon is a very good publication and will help a lot.

Hope all comes out well.

John

http://www.1944militaria.com/waffen_ss_smocks.htm
 _GOTOTOP