_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Herringbone twill
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 4,002 posts
Armorama: 2,947 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 07:05 PM UTC
Hi there
Have the Dragon US 2AD figure set, which are in the camo M1942 HBT uniform... My question is, what difference would there be in the design of this compared to the normal HBT uniform? ie. pockets, lining, collars etc. Was the only difference the camouflage pattern?
Cheers for any help here
Brad
spooky6
Visit this Community
Sri Lanka
KitMaker: 2,174 posts
Armorama: 582 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 07:23 PM UTC
In a word, Bradley, yes. It was basically the M1942 in cam instead of OD, same box pleat pockets, anti-gas flap, jacket with no waistband, etc. I think 2AD only wore the cam in Normandy, and after the friendly fire incidents (they were mistaken for Germans because of the cam) it was withdrawn.
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 4,002 posts
Armorama: 2,947 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 07:54 PM UTC
Thanks David
That'll save me a lotta heartache when I paint the darn things
Sandy
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 628 posts
Armorama: 405 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 26, 2006 - 06:31 PM UTC
Hi I agree with the previous poster but there is a rare variation produced in Britain for the US Army and used by the Rangers on a limited basis , it has the same cut but is made from Denison material and has on one side the following colours very light sandy green background with the following cammo colours sandy green , pea green, pink sandy colour , and dark brown , on the reverse it is sandy pink background with only three cammo colours mid tan brown , dark brown and vibrant green , if anyone wants a scan of this rare cammo email me at [email protected] and title rare US cammo and I will send it out cheers ian
 _GOTOTOP