_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Lay-Out Input needed
Wezz
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 826 posts
Armorama: 108 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2006 - 07:02 AM UTC
Hi All,

Here I am again. After an absence of a couple of months.
After being a little (;)) pushed by a friend of mine - and I don't want to call names, right Gino? :lol: - to have something finished for Bruges, I came up with another idea for my russian tanker, Boris.
The crates are from a Sherman 75mm which were used on loan from the US (Told by Gino again! .
I wanted to create a multi-level vignette on this one so I tried to build a trench. I dont know if the hight would be right, maybe It should be a little shorter.
What I wanted to ask to you guys, would this setting be right? A Russian tanker in winterdress standing at an trench which the germans have captured at operation Barbarossa.

Of course I would lay down some german equipment in the trench and there would come 2 more crates on top of the one on the left. And It all will be muddy and snowy

Sorry about my english and the blurry pictures... Those are only for the impression...

Thx already
Regards
Wesley

spooky6
Visit this Community
Sri Lanka
KitMaker: 2,174 posts
Armorama: 582 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2006 - 01:16 PM UTC
The height of the trench looks OK, Wesley. Maybe it could even be deeper, but I guess once you build up some groundwork on top it'll be fine. Would love to see some close ups of Boris.
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Armorama: 3,293 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2006 - 07:00 PM UTC
The way you have th crates posed, they would be very unstable, leaninng heavily away from the figure. In fact four high, even top to bottom, when there are only five in the scene seems a bit unnatural.
Love the figure though.
 _GOTOTOP