_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Legend Productions - head sets
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 27, 2006 - 07:11 PM UTC
I was going to write a review for the site on the 3 latest "Legend Productions" head sets, but when I checked what was there .... these have already been reviewed by Mr. Brae! (Hard to keep up with all thats happening here sometimes .)

LF0111 - Heads set

LF0112 - German Heads Set # 2 (WWII)

LF0113 - German Heads Set # 3 (WWII)

Iīd have to agree with everything Jimbrae wrote ...and his quite comprehensive reviews havenīt left much to say, really.
The heads are not quite Hornet quality ... which must be seen as the bar for headsets ... but they do offer a tremendous boost to the average Dragon figure. I used 2 last night (note the bluetack) and was very pleased with them.
One thing I can add to what Jim has previously written, is that the resin is very soft. Very easy to work with ... even when removing the casting sprue from the detail area .... but care must be taken for the same reason .... small details could be, very easily, sliced or filed away. Also some of the finer detail (peaks on caps) is "flash" thin ... almost transparent. Might need a quick brush with Mr. Surfacer to add some strength and be sure no holes are present.
Price has to be the main attraction though. Here in Sweden, 4 hornet heads cost 98sek, while 12 Legend heads cost 55sek. I also checked Great Models ... Hornet are $11.65 for 4, whereas Legend are $10.95 for 12.
These are very useful sets .... with a nice variety of facial expressions and lend themselves well, to add some animation in dioramas.
Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,924 posts
Armorama: 3,679 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 27, 2006 - 07:21 PM UTC
Perfect timing Frank! I picked some of these up this morning! I agree with everything you said about these.

Vinnie
 _GOTOTOP