_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Figure Question German recon
jointhepit
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 3,829 posts
Armorama: 881 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 05, 2006 - 10:53 PM UTC
hey everybody,

I've been bussy working on a smal dio , an abandoned Kv2 with some curious German soldiers checking it out.

Here's the Q
Can someone give me a tip what to watch for when I buy a figure( or 2 )
uniform, arms, ...

I know you're probably thinking" do some research on the net", but it's less stressing if y'all help me out here.
Only thing I have to know , is buy this fig, or look there.

Thanks already
Peter
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 06, 2006 - 10:35 PM UTC
Hi Peter,

I'm not very well up on German Uniforms but I can tell you what might help.

Firstly decide what period the model will be set in. If it is 1940 - 1942 then the Germans had a standard jacket with the 4 pleated pockets as best I can remember.

If the setting is after that then the basic uniform changed; the pleated pockets were done away with to save material and a somewhat different jacket was worn.

All so have you decided on the season, summer, winter etc as that will affect what they were wearing.

Tamiya do a set of Recon Figures for their Swimmer Wagon so they might be a possibility if you also wish to include a small vehicle of some type.

If they are just wondering infantry then the season and time will have to be considered.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Cheers

Al
spooky6
Visit this Community
Sri Lanka
KitMaker: 2,174 posts
Armorama: 582 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 06, 2006 - 10:59 PM UTC
You will really have to tell us more if you want a clear tip, Peter. Garbage in, garbage out, etc . If you tell us which period of the war, for example, that'll be a good start. Then which season (summer, winter,etc). These will all make the difference in the uniform.

To add to what AlanL said, an early war distinguishing mark is the German high jackboot. This gave way to an ankle boot mid-war. Often (even in the early years), German troops (particularly recce and motorized) wore cam smocks over their M38 and M40 jackets, so you can't really recognize the jackets. Cam jackets were extremely rare early war too.

These are just basics, there are many more variables, and you'll actually save yourself time by hitting some of the sites like Feldgrau, where you'll see it for yourself instead of depending on us. Though we're happy to help
jointhepit
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 3,829 posts
Armorama: 881 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 10, 2006 - 12:55 AM UTC
hey guys thanx for the 'reply' , I made a concentius and bought the dragon Germania regiment 1940 box, being early war and the Kv2 only having served in the early war years, I figured I made a nice choice.
Second Gen from dragon is really splendid!

posting pics as soon as it's "done".

Peter
 _GOTOTOP