_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
PDWs
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 - 09:41 AM UTC
How are Personal Defense Weapons carried? Can I have a figure with a carbine or full-length battle rifle and also have a PDW on a sling on its back?

I realize that most PDWs are primary weapons, not secondary weapons. But as a secondary weapon, would it be better to give the figure a pistol and holster or a PDW submachine gun? Wouldn't a PDW run the risk of getting hung up in branches or slapping around if the soldier ran?
spooky6
Visit this Community
Sri Lanka
KitMaker: 2,174 posts
Armorama: 582 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 - 01:15 PM UTC
Peter, it all depends on the situ. If you are modelling a sniper, it's possible that he might have an MP5K PDW with him, and might carry it in his hands while stalking, with the sniping rifle strapped. While making a shot he would then have the PDW strapped. A machine-gunner, on the other hand is more likely to have a pistol. Same with an anti-terrorist assaulter, though a doorman might carry both shotgun and PDW. There are many variables, so if you tell us what the situ & fig is, you might get a more pointed answer.
jlmurc
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,267 posts
Armorama: 969 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 - 05:08 PM UTC
When I used to carry the 84mm Carl Gustav anti tank weapon, my personal weapon that I carried was the 9mm Sterling Sub Machine Gun.

Previously when serving on armoured vehicles, I again was issued with and carried the 9mm SMG.

This was in the British Army.

John
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 - 11:09 PM UTC
I'm trying to make a Future Warrior in 1/12 scale, which means I don't have any guns, pistols, or PDWs in that scale.

As such, besides the main rifle, I was wondering if it's wiser to give the soldier a PDW or a pistol in a holster.
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
Armorama: 1,864 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 - 12:00 AM UTC
I'd just give him a pistol. Since future warrior concepts (for the US Army at least) show a light carbine being used, a pistol seems to be about the next best thing. A short tactical shotgun may also work too.

Jeff
 _GOTOTOP