Sightseeing wip update
insolitus
Visit this Community
Goteborgs och Bohus, Sweden
KitMaker: 649 posts
Armorama: 207 posts
Posted: Monday, August 21, 2006 - 11:07 PM UTC
Hi mates!
Here are some update pictures for my Sightseeing dio in 1/16th. All the plaster, woodwork, windows and so on will be added to the structure. I don't have much other to add myself, so I let the pics talk...

Ali critiques and comments are welcome!
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Monday, August 21, 2006 - 11:21 PM UTC
Angles and point of view are going to be really visually appealing in this.

kiwibelg
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 939 posts
Armorama: 429 posts
Posted: Monday, August 21, 2006 - 11:28 PM UTC
Hi Andreas,
I like how you have planned this out well before starting on the build.I agree with Scott,your angles used are going to give the dio more appeal once every little detail is worked out.Have you any thoughts of what you will be adding to the dio,as in the last post you mentioned that you wanted something a little extra in the scene.Good luck with the rest mate.
Shay
insolitus
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 22, 2006 - 12:01 AM UTC
Scott, Thanks! I have worked quite hard on getting the feeling of structures appealing and relaxed, even consulted the golden cut to help my measuring. So far I think it worked out good.

Shay, Yes, this time I really thought I should do a proper planning before I started building. Luckily my SWMBO lives in a south German town (Weinheim) with a beautiful old city so I have some quite nice reference pics from there. Apart from the structures and the (hopefully two) figures I so far just have details I know will be added. Many of them I can thank you guys of, for example a clothline and an ivy. But we'll see what more comes up during the build.
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 4,002 posts
Armorama: 2,947 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 22, 2006 - 06:13 PM UTC
Gday Andreas
Den dar er mycket imponerande!
The slight slope of the road really sets this off well, changing the squared lines of the left building at ground level...
Look forward to some more!!
Cheers
Brad
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 22, 2006 - 07:38 PM UTC
Hello Andreas, You are going to have a great dio here, I love the "pose" of the buildings. I will keep my eye on this one! What are your plans for troops and vehicles? Cheers Kevin
insolitus
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 - 03:58 AM UTC
Brad, I'm getting more and more impressed by your Swedish skills! Where have you learnt it? Thanks for your comments.

Kevin, My plans include two figures so far. The Tamiya Machine Gunner on maneuver and the new guy with the tripod. On the vehicle side it will probably be a bit empty, but if I really get into it I might try to scratch a bike...
spooky6
Visit this Community
Sri Lanka
KitMaker: 2,174 posts
Armorama: 582 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 - 11:23 PM UTC
Andreas, it's looking good. I thought you were gonna set it in France? Anyway, if you need pix of French houses let me know. Just got back from Alsace, and took lots of pix.
insolitus
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 02:53 AM UTC
Well David...to my untrained eye the south German and north France look about the same... Sorry if someone takes offence
Any pics you might have is of intrest! Specialy if you have something with windows, shutters and something with a scale reference, like a person, known measuring length and so on.... I think you still have my mail somewhere. Thanks in advance!

Ps. Please excuse me if my language is a bit wierd, just came home from my first party with my fellow students...
SexinmyLS1
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 63 posts
Armorama: 61 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 11:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Well David...to my untrained eye the south German and north France look about the same... Sorry if someone takes offence
Any pics you might have is of intrest! Specialy if you have something with windows, shutters and something with a scale reference, like a person, known measuring length and so on.... I think you still have my mail somewhere. Thanks in advance!

Ps. Please excuse me if my language is a bit wierd, just came home from my first party with my fellow students...

You're not allowed to post on Armorama while drunk.

spooky6
Visit this Community
Sri Lanka
KitMaker: 2,174 posts
Armorama: 582 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 01:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Well David...to my untrained eye the south German and north France look about the same...

Since you are showing just one corner of a town square, I supposed it's close enough. Just don't put in any of those wooden Bavarian balconies or anything, coz they're quite distinctive. Never seen 'em anywhere else. I'll email you some pix. The houses are quite colourful, and that's a common Alsatian distinction, but the architecture isn't so different from any other part of northeastern France.
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
KitMaker: 1,735 posts
Armorama: 586 posts
Posted: Friday, August 25, 2006 - 07:11 AM UTC
Coming along well Andreas. With all the angles as the guys mentioned and the various wall and ground textures given the different materials involved it should provide a lot of eye candy. Looking forward to seeing more progress pics.

I was going to put in the beer mug emoticon but I reckon you had enough motivating liquid as it is.
insolitus
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, August 25, 2006 - 05:20 PM UTC
With all these expectations from you guys I have to work hard to not let you down!

CK, Probably best so... :-)
 _GOTOTOP