_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Techniques
From Weathering to making tent rolls, discuss it here.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Mig Pigments or Hudson & Allen pigments?
KCBuilder
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 95 posts
Armorama: 83 posts
Posted: Friday, August 25, 2006 - 03:11 AM UTC
Another quick question for the group.

Read a lot about using pigments for weathering. Having some trouble finding them although. None of the local hobby stores stock them or has a way to order them.

I heard that Mig Pigments are still around but don't have a good online store to buy them.

Also, can't seem to find anywhere a site to get Hudson & Allen Studio products. They don't seem have a website either and some are saying they are not in business anymore. Is this true?

Can someone suggest an online store to buy them (either of them)? I have looked at the Michigan Toy Solider Co but are there any other places?

Also, anybody used both and have a preference? Is there any difference between them?

Thanks,

Marty
(KCBuilder)

rfeehan
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 727 posts
Armorama: 648 posts
Posted: Friday, August 25, 2006 - 03:29 AM UTC
I have used MIG pigments and like them. Locally here in Kansas City (not sure where in MO you are from) Hobby Haven on Metcalfe has started to carry them recently on a trial basis. You can also buy MIGs online at missionmodels.com and I have also tried and used a brand sold by Micromark.com called "Doc O'Brien's" which they sell as a railroad product and had good luck with those also. I am strictly a novice when it comes to pigments though so I haven't tried any of the really cutting edge ways of using them.

I haven't used the other ones so I can't comment. Good luck and I hope this helped.

Rob
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Friday, August 25, 2006 - 04:16 AM UTC
Hello,
mig pigments can be ordered from www.spruebrothers.com

also if you execute a search on e-bay some sellers have them for sale
kevinb120
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,349 posts
Armorama: 1,267 posts
Posted: Friday, August 25, 2006 - 05:43 AM UTC
I got mine from http://www.internethobbies.com/mig-productions-pigments.html They have pretty much everything and shipping was uber-quick. Never heard of hudson and allen. Just about any other art supply can be found at misterart.com

Gunfighter
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 743 posts
Armorama: 274 posts
Posted: Friday, August 25, 2006 - 07:59 AM UTC
I've gotten my latest MIG pigments from Spruebrothers, but you can also find them at VLS (www.modelmecca.com) and Great Models (easily found thru the search bar at the very top of the screen on this site).

In addition to the MIG products, I also use the MMP Pigments. I find them to bit a bit more subdued and finer grain, but they're harder to find.

- Frank
AndyD
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 672 posts
Armorama: 282 posts
Posted: Friday, August 25, 2006 - 12:17 PM UTC
Hi Marty,
I have a huge box of Hudson and Allen - had a quick look but no pigments.
If your after other H&A stuff let me know - I'd forgotten how beautiful their 1/35 tree leave sheets are - the black oak ones are just supberb.
Cheers,
AndyD
psilocyber
Visit this Community
Nordland, Norway
KitMaker: 78 posts
Armorama: 49 posts
Posted: Friday, August 25, 2006 - 12:45 PM UTC
i bought my Mig pigments from netmerchants.com got it within 3 days..never used pigments before,but had a laugh,,found them easy to use and my model looked ten times cooler:)
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Friday, August 25, 2006 - 07:04 PM UTC
A good place to get art supplies is www.dickblick.com I do not think that Hudson and Allen have pigments, but they do have the best watercolors and paint brushes.
KCBuilder
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 95 posts
Armorama: 83 posts
Posted: Monday, August 28, 2006 - 07:20 AM UTC
Hey all,

Thanks for all the help on this. Thanks too to Rob. I work near Metcalf in KC and went there tonight and picked up about half their line up of MIG pigments.

Will give it a shot and get back to the group how it looks.

Thanks again!

Marty
HudsonandAllen
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 4 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 13, 2010 - 08:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Also, can't seem to find anywhere a site to get Hudson & Allen Studio products. They don't seem have a website either and some are saying they are not in business anymore. Is this true?

Hello Marty!

Yes, we do indeed still exist! We are coming up on our 20th year in business! You can find us online at our new website: www.hudsonandallen.com
We still carry almost all the product you remember us for including snow, slush, mud, muck, etc.. and we have finally been able to restock our Pine Boughs #9505. The Pine Boughs will be on our website within the next few days. We have also started producing a line of finished Normandy style buildings suitable and a Damaged WWII Factory for 54mm to 60mm figures.
Please lets us know if you have any questions.

Thank you!

Ericka Osen
Hudson & Allen Studio
7887 36 Mile Road
Bruce Township, Michigan, USA 48065
586-336-0837
www.hudsonandallen.com

HUDSON & ALLEN STUDIO: When It Absolutely, Positively Has To Look Real!

http://www.hudsonandallen.com
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 13, 2010 - 10:20 AM UTC
You can order Mig products from:
mig productions-usa
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 13, 2010 - 10:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hello Marty!

Yes, we do indeed still exist! We are coming up on our 20th year in business! You can find us online at our new website: www.hudsonandallen.com
We still carry almost all the product you remember us for including snow, slush, mud, muck, etc.. and we have finally been able to restock our Pine Boughs #9505. The Pine Boughs will be on our website within the next few days. We have also started producing a line of finished Normandy style buildings suitable and a Damaged WWII Factory for 54mm to 60mm figures.
Please lets us know if you have any questions.

Thank you!

Ericka Osen
Hudson & Allen Studio
7887 36 Mile Road
Bruce Township, Michigan, USA 48065
586-336-0837
www.hudsonandallen.com

HUDSON & ALLEN STUDIO: When It Absolutely, Positively Has To Look Real!

http://www.hudsonandallen.com

Doesn't anybody look at the dates on posts before they post a reply. The question was asked four years ago !!!

Indeed the person who asked the question hasn't logged in at armorama since January 2009. Still it got answered and it's good to see you are still in business. Hopefully in the intervening four years Marty found your site and the items he wanted.

Alan
 _GOTOTOP