_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Techniques
From Weathering to making tent rolls, discuss it here.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Packing kits to move
Hohenstaufen
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,192 posts
Armorama: 1,615 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 01, 2006 - 06:03 PM UTC
When I moved house recently I was casting about for something to pack my completed (mainly German) kits in to prevent damage. Last time they were moved, I used some granulated roof insulation from the old house - this wasn't available this time. Eventually I had a (40 watt!) idea, & got hold of some expanded polystyrene granules, that are intended to stuff bean bags or cushions. Well to cut a long story short, there wasn't any major damage, but the stuff got everywhere! Also, because it was a plastic, it took on a sort of charge I think, so it actually stuck to the vehicles! I've spent many happy hours since the move picking all these little balls out of confined spaces.
kevinb120
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,349 posts
Armorama: 1,267 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 01, 2006 - 11:49 PM UTC
gotta love static cling. Try to 'dust' them off with your airbrush

You can use the cheap strip stryo insulation sheets that are 1" thick and cut the openings for the models to sit in up to the 'detail' level of the deck. Works great for ship models, kinda like a gun case in theory. But it wont really protect if from boucing around too much or getting flipped over without fashioning a strap of some sort. Ships are hard that they are rigged with PE railing around the entire model.
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 257 posts
Armorama: 168 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 25, 2007 - 12:46 AM UTC
Hi
well i just found the best thing to put my AFV in
when going to shows i put them in plastic
mushroom trays that stak up
best of luck.
 _GOTOTOP