_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
interface proposal.
drabslab
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,186 posts
Armorama: 190 posts
Posted: Monday, October 02, 2006 - 05:53 PM UTC
Would it be possible to add a drop-down menu (flash) to the "Homepages/campaigns/events/features/Forums/... toolbar.

As an example: the forum

I would like to see a drop down list appear each time that I hoover over the forums buttom that says:

"main forum page"
"Latest posts"
"Latest network posts"
"Image help"

Maybe you could add "new topic" and other things as well?

The point is: I allways visit the latest posts page when visiting the forum. Now I have to click twice, once on the forums and once on the latest post action on the next page. This is costing extra time and the server has to reply to two requests instead of one.

In general, users now click several times before they have access to the page that they want to see, or to be able to do what they intend. This extra clicking has little added value for the user but is probably causing a considerable load on the network and the server. If users could get to what they want with a single click then this would be beneficial for both sides.

Or am I missing something?
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Monday, October 02, 2006 - 06:59 PM UTC
Hi,
There is a "Latest Posts" link on the homepage upper-right of the list of most recent topics. That is the shortcut I use. Drop-down navigation is nice but it adds a good 50-100kb of menu text to the initial site load and we are already pretty heavy in that regard. Also it's hard to find menus that work across all browsers equally well.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Jim
 _GOTOTOP