_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
disabled trucker found new hope in modeling
pvtone
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 11 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2003 - 06:24 PM UTC
hello everyone, i was disabled in truck accident 3 years ago and since i decided to get back into modeling it is the happist i have been.but i could use all the help i can get.so if anyone has any tips on like drybrushing and weathering that would be great.i have all the tools and paints and i bought about 20 books on modeling but they do not compare to the tips you great people could give me.so if anyone has the time to send me so tips that they had to learn the hard way i would be indebted.so if anyone came help my email address is [email protected] and if noone has the time i understand so take care Tom and i am intrested in 1/35 WW2 armour and figures mostly verlinden and hornet
Rattler
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 512 posts
Armorama: 277 posts
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2003 - 06:31 PM UTC
Hi ya Tom an welcome. you've come to the right place man, the folks on here are great an are a wealth of knowledge and all are willing to help out..

what kinda subjects do ya work on ?

an be sure to check out the chat room where some of us hang out .. links at the bottum of main page,or any page lol

Chris
bison44
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 471 posts
Armorama: 275 posts
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2003 - 06:51 PM UTC
Hi Tom
I don't have alot of good tips for you other than make sure you try something new with each kit. I only started a 1.5 years ago and was intimidated by alot of the excellent models guys are making. But if you are in it for the enjoyment remember that your kits an't going to be mind blowing and don't be afraid to try the techniques the guys on here talk about. I am just as proud of my hand painted gaudy gloss brown and bright green hurricane i built last year as my last build. Make sure to ask lots of questions and have fun, that's the most important thing.
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2003 - 06:58 PM UTC
Hi Tom,

Welcome to the greatest modelling site in the world, the best in the universe (Fluviania inclusive)

If you need any help, let us know. I mainly do Armor, so if you have anything that I can assist, you can email me at [email protected] or PM me.

Have fun!!!!
Envar
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 1,088 posts
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2003 - 07:09 PM UTC
Tom,
welcome on board!
There are zillions of threads in these forums about almost anything you will ever need. You might try a search on the forums if you have something particular in your mind.
There are also great feature articles describing single techniques, tips&tricks and build stories. For me they have been the best source for improving my techniques.

When you start a new build, just throw in questions when you need help. Itīs always easier to give answers or suggestions to specific questions!

Cheers,
Toni
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2003 - 09:38 PM UTC
welcome. I'm glad to meet another disabled modeler. Maybe we can form a group and do a group build to rivell the others.
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,717 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2003 - 10:54 PM UTC
Tom!

I can only echo the messages that have been stated already! You have definitely come to the right place!! I just didn't want to miss out in extending a warm welcome to you!!
penpen
Visit this Community
Hauts-de-Seine, France
KitMaker: 1,757 posts
Armorama: 929 posts
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2003 - 11:44 PM UTC
Hello and welcome !
Just tell us what you're building, what you feel are your problems with it and everyone will be happy to give advice !
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2003 - 11:54 PM UTC
Yes Hello and Welcome as an ex mechanic Diesel I knew a lot of great folks who are truckers the best to you in all yourModeling
some lints on the way plus a few links for you
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 01:33 AM UTC
Welcome to Armorama - the best web site on the internet!

As far as tips and hints. I'd check out the features section here.
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index
The digital diamonds are great starters.

Then I'd recommend just tossing ANY question out on one of the forums. The people here will gladly jump in and either answer your question give you a URL to a thread or send you information.
Jump in and see what questions come up. There are sooo many things that we could discuss for hours. Climb and see where you go.
Grasshopp12
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 757 posts
Armorama: 459 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 01:43 AM UTC
Welcome to the site Tom!!! If I were to give you one piece of advice, it would be to dry fit EVERYTHING. Taking an extra couple seconds will save you a lot of headaches in the long run. You've come to the right place for having your questions answered. Good Luck!!!
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 03:10 AM UTC
Welcome Tom and fire the questions away. There are modelers of many different skill levels and disciplines who frequent here. You'll get many answers to a single question - and some will apply to your modeling comfort level. Enjoy!

Gunnie
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,359 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 - 10:53 AM UTC
#:-) Hi Tom..I'm an ex-trucker........WELCOME!...........Armorama is a great site and you'll be able to find out just about anything about modelling your little heart desires. The articles are excellent and the people are THE BEST! I will give you some advice.....Get as much reference material on the subject you are doing and study it well before you start your project. Subscribe to a modelling magazine or web-zine like Fine Scale Modeller (FSM) or Military Miniatures in Review (MMiR). FSM is on the net. They have great articles and step by step directions on "how-to" do EVERYTHING! The Digital Dioramas site is also excellent. The Perth Military Modelling Society has the best new kit news and reviews that I have seen on line. I suggest that you familiarize yourself with the Armorama forums because just about every question you have asked has been asked and answered by someone somewhere on this site. Glad to have you on board. If you have any questions E-mail me at [email protected]. Jeff "Bodeen"
Desert-Fox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 652 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 - 12:14 PM UTC
Email sent today
pvtone
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 11 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 09:21 PM UTC
i surrender i am kaput
sgirty
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,315 posts
Posted: Friday, February 21, 2003 - 02:16 AM UTC
Welcome to the site. I think that you will find that most all modelers are very helpful giving out advice on what they have learned to all others interseted in this hobby. None of us ever quit learning. Remember, there are no dumb questions, only dumb answers.

As others have said here, try something new on each and every model you build. Some things will work and some won't, but that's okay too. That's how we all learn. The really hard part, as least for me, is to remember what I've tried that didn't work! I've found that I have had to make a little list, of sorts, to help remind me of what not to do. But I think the age thing has something to do with this for me. Ha!

Take care and once again, welcome. sgirty
 _GOTOTOP