_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Having a GO
WELLY
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 28 posts
Armorama: 25 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 01:05 AM UTC
Hi to eveybody

I have bean following the topic about starting and reviewing models with some intrest,because i have bean keane and thinking about reviewing/ featuring the Tamyia Kubelwagen type 82, but i dont know were to place the review/feature ,

please could some body advise.

This as come of the back of the topic that was dicussed at lenght about helping beginners out. I consider myself a beginner, but I like the idea of showing what, How and the finished item up to painting as a enjoy constructing more than painting[ have not mastered painting , still having problem on what type of paint to use etc...]

I think it is great that the website will if picked, help supply a further model for you to reveiw / feature ( I hope i read this right )

Any way, any suggestions were i could start / place this feature / review and also any rule about size of document, images format etc... would realy help me get started

many thanks

:-) :-)
Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,924 posts
Armorama: 3,679 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 03:08 AM UTC
Hi Matt! What you're thinking of doing would be a build feature. The best way of getting started writing one of these, is to build your model, taking loads of pictures along the way, against a plain background if you can. Make loads of notes as you go along, for example how you do certain things, any problems you come across, that sort of thing. When you've finished building, put your notes into a written document, and then zip them all up into a file and submit it through the support centre, a link to which can be found near the top of the page. Any specific problems you come up against, just PM me and I'll try and talk you through it.
Good luck!

Vinnie
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 03:58 PM UTC
Matt, good luck, and looking forward to seeing your articles.
I was petrified to write my first review and article, now I'd rather write than build. But just like hitting a modeling block, I also hit writers block.
Maybe I'm just an old block head!

But this computer stuff is pretty good, just hit delete, sure saves on paper and typewriter ribbons, digital photos sure save on developing costs! :-)
 _GOTOTOP