_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Tauch Panzer Nearly Finished
Selrach
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 466 posts
Armorama: 378 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 06:16 PM UTC
Nearly finished with my Tauch panzer III h
Built OOB...Sorry, no PE , other than what was included in the box.

As you can see, no interior. I am planning to place a commander in the cupola opening. Any suggestions where I can find a sutible figure.

I tried to get as realistic panzer grey as I could and still be able to see detail. Did some light weathering, but plan to put a little mud on the tracks and lower hull.

I still need to paint the Head and Tail lights. Any suggestions would be helpful as to color or technique.
Any comments or help would be appreciated :-)
Envar
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 1,088 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 06:45 PM UTC
Looking good there Selrach...

I guess dark grey is one of the most difficult paint schemes there are. I bet itīs hard to dig up details. Drybrushing looks quite heavy and that catches the eye first. Maybe some more weathering will change that. I think itīs a good idea to add some mud or dust in the lower hull area. That would give the grey surface some colour variation.
The wooden plank looks a bit too clean and bright, perhaps add some pastels or thinned oils along with weathering? And the tracks could use some rust... :-)

You can find those figures from many manufacturers. I have a Tamiya tank crew set and itīs quite pretty. I think most of those kits include a commander figure in the cupola...

How did you paint this piece? Looks like preshading of some kind...
How was the build, do you recommend this kit? If I keep on building Finnish subjects I will run into this model sooner or later so itīs nice to see how this turns out...

Nice job! Canīt wait to see the finished pics!

Toni
SniperSoldier
Visit this Community
Sao Paulo, Brazil
KitMaker: 1,638 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Friday, February 14, 2003 - 12:12 AM UTC
NICE JOB SELRACH - CNGRATULATIONS
ROBERTO
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Friday, February 14, 2003 - 03:20 AM UTC
Very solid work.
I like the tracks - good job. The grey and the weathering is very good in my eyes.

Verlinden also makes a tank crew just for this beast.
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,314 posts
Armorama: 1,905 posts
Posted: Friday, February 14, 2003 - 03:26 AM UTC
Sel:

I think your drybrushing looks great on this model. You've really brought out the highlights with your brush work.

I'd probably dust/mud/dirty her up a bit on the lower hull and bogie area, but other than that this is a really great model. Thanks for the pics.

Keep up your great work.
Oberst
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 851 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, February 14, 2003 - 05:16 AM UTC
Hey Sel, I am going to be doing a dark grey paint scheme soon and I would suggest that i addition to the drybrush, you experiment with some different pastels, oils and chalks, etc to tone down the drybrush and add some variation of color.

Keep up the good work,

Andrew

thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Friday, February 14, 2003 - 07:37 AM UTC
Hi Sel ...It really looks good !! The one thing I would do though is paint the inside of the hatch dark grey ...I know there might have been a few white ones but most pictures show them as dark grey ...Very nice so far can't wait to see it completed..

Rick
Selrach
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 11:52 AM UTC
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions

The pics show a bit more contrast between the base coat and the drybrushing than on the real model. I hand painted the beastie panzer grey, did some black wash to the crevases and depressions before drybrushing it a lighter grey. I enjoyed building the kit quite a bit :-) Although it seemed that there were a dozen parts where 1 or 2 would have done (A slight exagaration here...lol)

Will mud her up a bit and add some rust to the tracks along with the weathering.
Thanks a lot guys
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 02:57 PM UTC
herr von Selrach.

Very nice. Now you inspire me to do my Tauchpanzer!!! God, too many kits, and too little time....
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 3,581 posts
Armorama: 2,782 posts
Posted: Monday, February 17, 2003 - 10:31 AM UTC
Sel,just a constructive critisism.
You are smpothering the engine.I built this kit,and over the 2 air intakes,are those neat covers.In the photos I've seen,those covers are angled open,under normal operation,with the hige to outboard.Or,you could erect the snorkle tube,and then you would be fine.
Here is a link to mine. ( I think)
http://community.webshots.com/scripts/controlPanel.fcgi
Selrach
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Monday, February 17, 2003 - 11:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You are smpothering the engine.I built this kit,and over the 2 air intakes,are those neat covers.In the photos I've seen,those covers are angled open,under normal operation,with the hige to outboard.

I was wondering about that. I can pry the covers up... I thonk I only tacked them down with a bit of ca... I'll have to see.
Thanks for the info Carl I'll see if I can correct that
Selrach
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Monday, February 17, 2003 - 03:24 PM UTC
I have taken the covers off the air intakes. :-)

Was there anything holding them in the open position? I assume the undersides were also in panzer grey.

Thanks for the info
 _GOTOTOP