Hosted by Darren Baker
little church finished
blockhaus
Visit this Community
Spain / España
KitMaker: 693 posts
Armorama: 682 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 07:06 PM UTC
Hello friends, this is my last work until now. It represents one of these little churches that you can see in most parts of european countryside.
I do it all in plastic and used electrical wire from an old computer
I hope you like it

roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
KitMaker: 2,406 posts
Armorama: 2,224 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 09:20 PM UTC
Hi Carlos,

Splendid idea with the cables. Overall a beautiful work. Nice roof :-)

With what did you cover the cables? Putty?

Cheers
Claude

Kinggeorges
Visit this Community
Barcelona, Spain / España
KitMaker: 1,380 posts
Armorama: 845 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 10:12 PM UTC
Hi Carlos,

Once again you blew me !!
Claude, I think the cables are as they were inside the PC, with their original sheath, but I may be wrong..
carlos, just an idea : why don't you publish a book, like Calvin Tan or Shep Paine and other master (I consider you as a master ), on How to build building for dioramas. from my knowledge, nobody did that (once again I may be wrong..). You could give in the book tips and tricks, step by step, and painting method (if you don't paint, make a co edition with a good painter). I'm sure Concord for example would love to publish this type of book.

Best and congrats again.

Julien
Kinggeorges
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 10:14 PM UTC
...And as I'm a Intellectual property lawyer, I could give you good advices...

Best,
J
blockhaus
Visit this Community
Spain / España
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2006 - 04:33 AM UTC
Claude , Julien

thanks for your nice words ( merci beaucoup pour votre amabilité) the wire can be covered with wall paint or putty. if you use wall paint you must apply it with "pochoir" metod , as you paint stencils ( sorry but my english is a bit limited, may be some colleague can explain better than me about "pochoir" or stencil paint metod) this give a rougth surface. putty not glued well with the cable.

Julien : I´m today working making entire collection of houses. Among future proyect I have one about a house from Dinan a beauty that wait is replica at 1/35 :-) these houses will be comercialized, two of them are now in the market and was analized here some weeks ago. ... And yes I hope that one day I have time and skills for write these book, but until this day arives I enjoy sharing with all of us my experiences and is very interesting and pleasant ear opinions and talk about my passion with othrs here :-)

best whises

Kinggeorges
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2006 - 01:20 AM UTC
Hi Carlos,

No puedo esparar mas de ver tu casas en 1/35.
Always a pleasure to admire your work.
Still waiting for the step by step method !

Best,

Julien
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2006 - 01:37 AM UTC
Hey Carlos. Your attention to detail always amazes me and this is no different. Love the work around the door and window. Using the electrical wires is ingenious, to say the least.
Actually Julien’s idea about a book is quite an excellent one. Osprey modelling manuals are becoming more and more a correlation between a few modellers. I’m sure there’s always plenty of souls, willing to step up to paint your outstanding work.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2006 - 04:48 AM UTC
As usual Carlos, looks great.
Always good seeing your work, and the simple materials you use for your masterpieces.
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 4,002 posts
Armorama: 2,947 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2006 - 11:54 AM UTC
Wow Carlos, this has to be close to my favourite of your buildings!
The simple styling is its strongest point, and the cable work really sets it off a treat!
Do you have a photo of the internal/box guttering behind the left parapet wall? Being a plumber, I'd like to know how you have represented it
Cheers
Brad
P.S. There is one negative IMHO... It's the render that has chipped off at ground level on the left front.
It doesn't look 'natural' enough? I think it would look better reversed, with the corner showing the chipped wear....
blockhaus
Visit this Community
Spain / España
Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2006 - 10:13 PM UTC
hello friends thanks for your support :-)

Bradley , yoiu have rigth about chipped wall , it´s normal that the corner are most damaged that the rest of the wall, but sometimes stucco made strange thing. I have seen this in a wall near my home in a condemned house.
about your question about the guttery I´m sorry but I´m not more photos now. but guttering in the real building style is a channel of pieces of "U" section that runs long the wall every piece is around 40 cm long and in the most part is under the last line of roof.
ope that I this helps :-)
Carlos
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,218 posts
Armorama: 1,050 posts
Posted: Monday, November 20, 2006 - 12:58 AM UTC
Lovely work Carlos. There's some truly inspiring work and ideas to be found here.
 _GOTOTOP